Talk

Advanced search

Self isolating primary children question

(5 Posts)
Someonesayroadtrip Sun 01-Nov-20 20:36:28

So my 6 year old is having to self isolate with her class. It says not to leave home for any reason even exercise, which is fair enough, it also says everyone else can carry on as usual. Now, that's fine, but how do I not take my child outside when she has siblings who need to go to school? If I keep the others home, I risk getting fined, if I take her to get them involves squeezing up a lane with 300 other parents, then I risk getting fined. 🤷‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
DelurkingAJ Sun 01-Nov-20 20:37:37

Can another school parent take them. I know we would.

Mumdiva99 Sun 01-Nov-20 20:39:50

If there is no one else that can take your other kids (could you drive them to a friend so they can be taken the last bit without your daughter that's isolating) - then you speak to the school. They will sort something out....it may be you drop your other kids earlier or later than most children at school. Or maybe they will come to the car park to meet them....you won't be the only person in this position.

AuditAngel Sun 01-Nov-20 20:43:39

A friend was in this position. Her eldest is in class with my youngest. I offered to collect/return the non-isolating siblings. In the end another classmate who lived closer did it,

Someonesayroadtrip Sun 01-Nov-20 21:08:57

I have four children and two of them have complex additional needs. To be honest I have enough anxieties about them being in at all, but the changes of routine for those two would make life more difficult as well. Plus we are in lockdown (Wales) so not allowed to mix with others.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in