Talk

Advanced search

Can I be furloughed-new job probation period?

(8 Posts)
QueenZoopla Sun 01-Nov-20 20:15:08

I've been in my job just over a month, I'm in a 6-month probationary period. During this period either side can terminate my contract with a week's notice. The job is admin, office based, no WFH option, with a clothing retailer. I'm really worried and confused!

OP’s posts: |
madasamarchhare Sun 01-Nov-20 20:26:01

I thought there was a set date back in September time whereby if you hadn’t been furloughed no new staff members could be. I don’t know 100% that I’ve remember that correctly or if that’s been changed now we are heading into a second lockdown.

Hmmmmminteresting Sun 01-Nov-20 20:36:50

Also curious about this... dh starts a new job tomorrow after losing his last one in lockdown. Talk about timing sad

JorisBohnson2 Sun 01-Nov-20 20:45:29

Job support scheme you need to have been on the payroll by 23 sept

TheTeenageYears Sun 01-Nov-20 20:49:12

https://apple.news/AkXFpIaSYQdWuXiLvH7kxSw

This says anyone employed by 31st Oct should be eligible.

NeedingCoffee Sun 01-Nov-20 20:52:48

You’re eligible but it’s important to realise that putting you on furlough still costs your employer money; they have to pay your pension and NI and you also accrue holiday which they will need to “top up” to your full rate of pay even if they make you take it on furlough. So unfortunately it’s not a given that they will furlough you rather than just terminate.

QueenZoopla Sun 01-Nov-20 21:09:29

Thanks - the business is struggling as well so I guess I could be losing my job tomorrow. This is so shit.sad
Good luck for your DH, Hmmmintersesting

OP’s posts: |
Hmmmmminteresting Sun 01-Nov-20 21:26:28

Thanks Queen, wishing you the best of luck for better news for tomorrow. Hope it all works out

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in