Tuition Centres

(6 Posts)
Olympicfan Sun 01-Nov-20 18:35:34

Does anyone know what the rules are on these?

I give tuition in groups of four to children, under 11, in a school building each Saturday. Am I allowed to stay open as I am in a designated building for education that follows the covid guidelines- all children at their own desk 2m apart from others, rigid cleaning routine before classes etc?

Are after school clubs in schools continuing - drama, Spanish, fencing etc?

OP’s posts: |
Olympicfan Sun 01-Nov-20 19:01:30

bump

Poppystars Sun 01-Nov-20 19:36:13

No after school clubs here, no indoor anything once school has finished.

Olympicfan Mon 02-Nov-20 20:28:02

From what I have seen on the news, people can leave home for education purposes. I presume that includes adult education, language course, exam tuition etc.

As I am providing education in a designated educational setting, I presume it is ok for Saturday morning classes to continue in a covid safe way.

RaggieDolls Mon 02-Nov-20 21:32:11

Our local tuition centre has confirmed they will be staying open as they fall under the education umbrella. It's a very similar set up to you, four pupils stilling 2m apart.

Olympicfan Wed 04-Nov-20 19:28:30

www.gov.uk/guidance/education-and-childcare-settings-new-national-restrictions-from-5-november-2020#ooss

Clarity at last. We have to shut for duration of lockdown as the tuition we offer is NOT "Primarily used by home educating parents as part of their arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education."

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in