Are you still having your cleaner come?

(52 Posts)
chocolatesaltyballs22 Sun 01-Nov-20 11:18:17

During the 4 week lockdown? Last time mine didn't come but I continued to pay her. Am inclined to let her continue coming now. She is allowed to work under the rules, and we've got into a good routine where we can keep our distance when she's here.

What are the rest of you doing?

OP’s posts: |
Qasd Sun 01-Nov-20 11:20:31

I was waiting to see what she said, she stopped last time (we didn’t pay) then started up in June I think maybe may? If she was happy to then we are happy to have her basically wether it is allowed or not who knows!

letsnotscaretheneighbours Sun 01-Nov-20 11:21:50

I've not thought about this, and my cleaners husband has cancer so I'd better tell her not to come after Thursday. I'll continue to pay her. She's an absolute angel.

caringcarer Sun 01-Nov-20 11:44:15

I will continue to have my cleaner who wears gloves and face mask every time she walks to my house as only lives 15 mins walk away, but I will stay in one bedroom working and not come out until she is gone. My home is her place of work. She only cleans for me and no other household. If she cleaned several houses then I would say no. Also if she had to drive to me then I would say no but still pay her for a month. It is only 2 hours twice a week.

Marchitectmummy Sun 01-Nov-20 11:45:17

No. I'll pay her but won't have her in our house now.

BunsyGirl Sun 01-Nov-20 11:45:36

If my cleaner is willing to come, then I will let her but I won’t be paying her is she doesn’t come. Sorry if that sounds harsh but she claimed furlough pay last time whereas my self-employed husband was entitled to nothing.

Arosadra Sun 01-Nov-20 11:46:09

Mine hasn’t been since February

Advertisement

userxx Sun 01-Nov-20 11:49:10

* whereas my self-employed husband was entitled to nothing.*

Not really your cleaners fault is it?

Usuallytootiredbuthappyanyway Sun 01-Nov-20 11:50:35

Mine has messaged me this morning to say that she is happy to still come as long as I am happy - I'll still be going out to work so we won't ever be the house together anyway so I am delighted to keep her coming.

vinoandbrie Sun 01-Nov-20 11:52:01

Yes of course, if they’re happy to continue then I’m happy for them to continue.

FinallyFluid Sun 01-Nov-20 11:52:09

But if @BunsyGirl had a drop in income, and her cleaner didn't due to the furlough scheme why should BunsyGirl be further out of pocket ?

BumbleNova Sun 01-Nov-20 11:52:27

Yes. It's within the rules. Why would you not?

FinallyFluid Sun 01-Nov-20 11:53:00

Sorry messed that up, it should have been to @userxx

Lemons1571 Sun 01-Nov-20 11:53:30

Yes we will carry on as normal. Pretty sure the current guidelines state that people can still enter others homes for work.

starrynight19 Sun 01-Nov-20 11:53:34

Yes mine will still be coming

FinallyFluid Sun 01-Nov-20 11:54:45

DH works from the front room, so he will close his door and I will go out for a few hours, she can then open all the windows as she leaves.

She is happy to work and needs the money and a clean and tidy house once a week is worth driving around in my car to me.

The dog walker is self isolating, the dog walker is also my ironing lady, I am having to walk my own dog and do my own ironing. shock

The trauma. grin

SocialBees Sun 01-Nov-20 11:55:01

Yes

StaffAssociationRepresentative Sun 01-Nov-20 11:55:55

Wearing face masks.

Personally I wouldn’t.

ChristmasinJune Sun 01-Nov-20 11:56:48

If she's willing to come and to open doors and windows whilst she cleans then yes. I'm not at home so as long as the house is well ventilated I don't see a big risk.

userxx Sun 01-Nov-20 11:57:52

@FinallyFluid It sounded more like she was pissed off that her cleaner claimed the SEISS grant but her husband wasn't entitled. More like sour grapes. Fair enough a drop in income is reason to cancel, the grant is only 40% this time so money will be very tight for people who can't work.

Bickles Sun 01-Nov-20 11:58:15

Yes, if he’s happy to come. Only DH will be at home and he will stay in the study while the rest of the house is done.

roarfeckingroarr Sun 01-Nov-20 11:59:11

Yes. We did before and will again now.

SpookyRhubarbYoghurt Sun 01-Nov-20 12:00:18

Ours didn't through the last lockdown and we still paid her the full circa £230 a month.

She's texted me this morning asking if she is to come tomorrow. I have not replied yet. I do not want her to come if she feels uncomfortable, but it is harder to keep paying now as we are now financially a bit more vulnerable than last time. I can manage to keep paying for a month, but this lockdown is going to be another 5-6 months I think.

AndThatsNotRight Sun 01-Nov-20 12:01:21

I hope ours still comes... 😬

Entrant6 Sun 01-Nov-20 12:05:43

Yes. She comes when no one is at home.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in