Adult education/courses

(5 Posts)
blardyfeck Sun 01-Nov-20 08:57:11

Where does adult education come in the new rules? I'm currently doing a course on Saturdays. 7 adults & a teacher. It takes place in a room in a church. Presumably it has to move to online learning from this Thursday as we shouldn't be meeting in groups inside etc. But a few people have said it comes under the education rule.
I'd prefer not to meet but online lessons are very difficult (it's a sign language course)

OP’s posts: |
blardyfeck Sun 01-Nov-20 17:18:24

Anyone have a view on this? I'm sort of looking for opinions really as it's not stated in the new rules.
My thoughts are that it needs to be moved to online but will the provider argue that it's education & therefore ok to meet?

BlackboardMonitorVimes Sun 01-Nov-20 17:20:52

My understanding is that they will stay open, especially if it's government funded / supported.

blardyfeck Sun 01-Nov-20 17:34:48

Interesting point although the classes I attend are not actually government funded. It's a difficult one. I'll wait & see what the teachers decide I think.

Oblahdeeoblahdoe Sun 01-Nov-20 17:39:49

I attend a weekly Spanish class, 5 adults, 1 teacher and we're discussing doing Zoom lessons. I think it will be ideal for small classes.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in