Talk

Advanced search

Do you reckon we will be as strict as the Welsh lockdown?

(10 Posts)
herbitj Sun 01-Nov-20 08:15:08

Do you reckon we are gonna see non essentials in supermarkets bubble wrapped and unable to buy? Trying to work out what this means for my job i work in a place that is essential retail but half the shop is technically non essential so trying to work out what that means!

OP’s posts: |
ChristmasinJune Sun 01-Nov-20 08:18:57

No they've already said that won't be happening, I think.

ChristmasinJune Sun 01-Nov-20 08:20:50

Last time places like The Range and B&M stayed open as they sold food, this time doesn't seem quite as strict so I'm guessing your shop will be open as usual.

Fatted Sun 01-Nov-20 08:21:07

Well if it is anything like the Welsh lockdown, they won't actually decide or tell the shops until the day beforehand. So no one (customers or shops) will have time to organise any thing.

herbitj Sun 01-Nov-20 08:23:09

We have a pharmacy in it so hence classed as essential, just was trying to work out whether we could sell things in rest of the shop!

Orcus Sun 01-Nov-20 08:37:54

Drakeford came in for such a lot of criticism for the essential goods fiasco that I think even someone as inept as Johnson would be able to identify that it might not be a good idea to emulate it.

feelingverylazytoday Sun 01-Nov-20 08:47:02

No, I can't see it being any stricter than the first lockdown. I don't think there's any real logic behind closing off some aisles in shops.

herbitj Sun 01-Nov-20 10:50:26

Thanks everyone!

Qasd Sun 01-Nov-20 10:51:18

No it’s already been said supermarkets can sell non essential items

TicTacTwo Sun 01-Nov-20 11:36:14

They've said that non-essentials can be sold in essential shops so you could buy a ski gear in Aldi if you wanted

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in