Talk

Advanced search

Are driving tests cancelled?

(44 Posts)
KittyMcKitty Sat 31-Oct-20 20:21:45

I’m assuming they will be but can’t find any info.

Dc had theory test canx in March - eventually taken in July. Practical test is on 11th Nov hoping against hope it’ll go ahead sad

OP’s posts: |
yellowmaoampinball Sat 31-Oct-20 20:25:02

Don't think there's been an announcement yet but they stopped/cancelled them in Wales during the firebreak so I guess it doesn't look good sad

InTheFamilyTree Sat 31-Oct-20 20:28:13

According to my instructor today thought not, as its under education exemption. He has a very senior civil servant as a client so may have some inside Info...!

Galacticat Sat 31-Oct-20 20:28:54

I'm in Tier 3 in Scotland and took mine yesterday. I had to wear a mask throughout.

FlowFlow7722 Sat 31-Oct-20 20:31:16

Dd has her test 1st December, I read Wales had cancelled tests during current lockdown so thought we would be the same. @InTheFamilyTree has given me hope smile

KittyMcKitty Sat 31-Oct-20 20:31:32

InTheFamilyTree

According to my instructor today thought not, as its under education exemption. He has a very senior civil servant as a client so may have some inside Info...!

Oh I hope so - will keep everyone crossed!

@Galacticat hope it went well for you. Yes they have to wear masks and gloves for lessons here (ever since they resumed).

KittyMcKitty Sat 31-Oct-20 20:33:16

@FlowFlow7722 fingers crossed for your dd - I knew about Wales but as they had schools closed for circuit break hoping we may be different.

LemonBreeland Sat 31-Oct-20 20:33:51

DS1 has his theory test booked. Really hope it goes ahead as it was so hard to get. I don't hold out much hope though.

OrangeBananaFish Sat 31-Oct-20 20:34:29

Oooh. DH has just restarted his lessons again. We were thinking he'd have to stop, but maybe not. We'll see though. Is a driving instructor essential?

KittyMcKitty Sat 31-Oct-20 20:36:30

LemonBreeland

DS1 has his theory test booked. Really hope it goes ahead as it was so hard to get. I don't hold out much hope though.

Fingers crossed for your ds. My ds’s theory was due to be on the 1st day of lockdown (so canx) - he eventually took it in July. Was then an absolute nightmare getting a practical test appointment. He has practiced so hard and is 100% ready too.

TicTacTwo Sat 31-Oct-20 20:37:04

They cancelled it last time but we are hoping that they go ahead this time. I'm assuming that DVSA will announce on Monday.

TicTacTwo Sat 31-Oct-20 20:37:50

I have 2 kids with tests booked

Versace104 Sat 31-Oct-20 20:38:04

Been trying to find out but there's no info anywhere, so annoying !

TicTacTwo Sat 31-Oct-20 20:39:08

Yy to booking practicals being a nightmare. Took hours to get onto the booking site

KittyMcKitty Sat 31-Oct-20 20:40:36

It was those helpful messages like you are number 58,000 in the queue! Was so pleased when he got a test date!

MitziK Sat 31-Oct-20 21:13:35

At present, there has been no news about theory tests - DP might know more by tomorrow morning.

Lasvegas Sat 31-Oct-20 22:59:27

My DD had to stop lessons in lockdown1. Couldn’t get a theory for 5 months any where near where we live so we went and stayed in hotel last month and she did a weeks intensive in new area, where she took and passed theory. Has practical test thurs 5 th. Nov I hope it happens. I have spent so much money on her basically learning to drive in 2 difference areas and wasted a weeks precious annuaL leave.

TicTacTwo Mon 02-Nov-20 14:57:19

Cancelled!

WhatHaveIFound Mon 02-Nov-20 15:03:01

Unfortunately they've now been cancelled.

DD's had two practical tests cancelled during the last lockdown, then a failure. She got to retake her test this morning and luckily passed. Very relieved as she was seriously at risk of her Theory expiring and unlike MOTs there was no extension to them.

Your DC should get priority access to rebook once they restart.

Muranoandizumi Mon 02-Nov-20 15:12:32

It's a joke really, messing so many people about.

KittyMcKitty Mon 02-Nov-20 15:34:37

I’m just gutted - I know it’s a 1st world problem but I’ve had a little cry

KittyMcKitty Mon 02-Nov-20 15:35:40

WhatHaveIFound

Unfortunately they've now been cancelled.

DD's had two practical tests cancelled during the last lockdown, then a failure. She got to retake her test this morning and luckily passed. Very relieved as she was seriously at risk of her Theory expiring and unlike MOTs there was no extension to them.

Your DC should get priority access to rebook once they restart.

I don’t see how they can get priority access - tests are all fully booked from 2nd Dec onwards

TicTacTwo Mon 02-Nov-20 15:49:45

They could shift everyone's test date by 4 weeks?

Ds has had this test cancelled twice and was supposed to take his on Friday

TicTacTwo Mon 02-Nov-20 16:03:31

Sorry to all the disappointed learners sad

WhatHaveIFound Mon 02-Nov-20 16:55:47

@KittyMcKitty flowers

My understanding of it last time was that they cancelled the ones that we already booked for the end of the breakdown period and moved everyone's test on. DD had a friend whose test was moved on despite it being after everything opened up.

Lots of angry learners on their Twitter page so I really hope they make a U turn on this one.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in