Advanced search

Travel question

(6 Posts)
cheesecadet Sat 31-Oct-20 17:18:39

Might sound stupid but I think it's all confusing. Will I be able to cross over a county border (from a Tier 2 to another Tier 2) to put important document in my solicitor's letter box? Need to bear in mind Boris update when he decides to turn up!

OP’s posts: |
Bmidreams Sat 31-Oct-20 17:23:14

It's discouraged.

dementedpixie Sat 31-Oct-20 17:25:52

Yes I'd do it. You're not going to be in contact with anyone so its low risk

peridito Sat 31-Oct-20 17:43:09

Seems to me you'd not be breaking any guidelines .

below is the extract from Gov uk

You should aim to walk or cycle if you can, but where that is not possible you can use public transport or drive. It is difficult to socially distance during car journeys and transmission of coronavirus can occur in this context. So you should avoid travelling with someone from outside your household or your support bubble unless you can practise social distancing. See the guidance on car sharing.

If you need to use public transport, you should follow the safer travel guidance for passengers.

When travelling, it is important that you respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where your intended activities there would be prohibited by legislation passed by the relevant devolved administration. You should also avoid travelling to any part of the country subject to very high local COVID alert levels.

cheesecadet Sat 31-Oct-20 18:03:34

Thanks everyone. Thia is what I thought but wasn't sure.

@peridito we're high not medium.

OP’s posts: |
cheesecadet Sat 31-Oct-20 18:17:49

I'm assuming the rules in paragraphs 4 and 5 are the same rules for me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in