Talk

Advanced search

Collection from hospital

(12 Posts)
madamehooch Fri 30-Oct-20 20:02:06

I just wondered about the procedure about picking up someone who has tested positive for COVID from hospital? My partner's father has been admitted for observation following a positive test and I'm concerned about the implications if my partner has to bring him home in the car.

OP’s posts: |
nicerbeing Fri 30-Oct-20 20:03:42

How did he get there?

madamehooch Fri 30-Oct-20 20:06:01

His wife but she now has to be tested and may be too unwell to collect him

wannabebump Fri 30-Oct-20 20:13:06

I'd expect that your partner would then have to self isolate for the required length of time if he collected him from the hospital

madamehooch Fri 30-Oct-20 20:14:47

That's what I thought 🙁 Would they let him out if he was still positive? He and his wife were both on the shielding list?

wannabebump Fri 30-Oct-20 20:24:23

I guess it would maybe depend how unwell he was? If he isn't needing to be taking up a hospital bed, he could be recovering at home really. It would maybe also depend how many days since his positive test?

madamehooch Fri 30-Oct-20 20:26:31

He tested positive last Tuesday. He has leukaemia and his wife has just had a heart operation

madamehooch Fri 30-Oct-20 20:27:38

She hasn't had a positive test yet as a home one has just been sent to her

Nacreous Fri 30-Oct-20 20:29:42

I think there may be COVID secure hospital transport available if no one in his household is able to collect him. Definitely worth looking into, as I think otherwise your partner would have to isolate.

madamehooch Fri 30-Oct-20 20:31:10

Do you know who the best people are to contact about that?

m0therofdragons Fri 30-Oct-20 20:39:25

The hospital will advise you.

pandafunfactory Fri 30-Oct-20 20:42:00

Yes anybody who is in contact will have to isolate and yes the hospital will discharge him ASAP. It's up to your partner whether he wants to pick them up. If not then tell your fil he will need to speak to the ward. They will ask about transport when planning the discharge and it won't be a shock he needs it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in