Talk

Advanced search

Why?????

(8 Posts)
JS87 Fri 30-Oct-20 10:18:36

Do people insist on wearing their mask under their nose? Is it a statement to say that you don't agree with wearing masks, to purposefully annoy people or ignorance over how to wear them correctly?
It's completely ineffective unless over mouth and nose so you might as well not bother.

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/02/the-most-common-ways-were-wearing-face-masks-incorrectly

Please enlighten me.

OP’s posts: |
giletrouge Fri 30-Oct-20 10:28:59

Dunno but Jeremy Corbyn was on screen yesterday doing exactly that, mask firmly under nose and gaping at the sides.
Did not add to my regard for him and his destruction of the Labour Party a single jot. Perhaps he really is as bonkers as his brother?
Sorry for the shoehorning.

giletrouge Fri 30-Oct-20 11:44:52

Here.

Armi Fri 30-Oct-20 11:47:05

I have a real thing about it. Those pics of JC infuriate me and also make me feel a bit sick.

mrshoho Fri 30-Oct-20 12:22:52

You think JC is bad, did you not see BJ at a hospital food kitchen cutting up vegetables with his Hooter sticking out over his mask?

TheGreatWave Fri 30-Oct-20 12:35:10

A bit of ignorance (though I prefer lack of knowledge), a bit of increased comfort, and half heartedness.

DilysPrice Fri 30-Oct-20 12:41:23

In Corbyn’s case it’s probably so his glasses don’t steam up. But since he’s outside he’d look more sensible taking it off altogether.

JS87 Fri 30-Oct-20 13:42:37

Presumably with BJ his mask may have slipped down as this does happen if you talk with a poorly fitting mask. But I see people who wear it under their nose for the entire duration of their trip round the supermarket etc.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in