Talk

Advanced search

Bubble Advice Please

(4 Posts)
Blank0307 Tue 27-Oct-20 18:06:32

Hi,
My mother in law has formed a bubble with a friend in a neighbouring tier 2 borough. They are both single and live alone so it makes perfect sense.
Over the summer we have been visiting her in her garden however now the weather is turning she wants us to visit her inside. I have a 3 month old and she is desperate to hold/feed her etc. I also want her to form a relationship with her but I’m obviously very protective.
So really what I’m trying to find out is whether it’s possible for someone who’s in close contact with someone in tier 2 to still see family and friends (we currently don’t have any restrictions in our area).
I’ve spoke to my husband about my concerns and he thinks I’m over reacting but I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if our daughter got ill cause of a situation we put her in.
Thanks in advance x

OP’s posts: |
CovidPostingName Tue 27-Oct-20 18:17:09

You can see her but not inside anywhere and not without social distancing. So she couldn't hold the baby anyway.

Racoonworld Tue 27-Oct-20 19:59:18

No if she’s in tier 2 it’s not allowed to see her inside anywhere and not allowed to hold the baby. If she really wants to hold your baby she could have formed a bubble with you instead of her friend.

StatisticalSense Tue 27-Oct-20 20:14:14

If she is in tier 1 she can follow the tier 1 rules regardless of what tier the rest of her support bubble are in (but the part of the support bubble in the higher tier must follow those rules at all times so she couldn't have them and you round at the same time) which means she can have you round but must socially distance and therefore cannot hold the baby. If she is in a tier 2 area you can only meet in outdoor places and again must be socially distanced at all times.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in