Talk

Advanced search

Anybody currently waiting on a test result?

(198 Posts)
orangejuicer Sat 24-Oct-20 16:21:20

I went to a drive thru test centre yesterday so I'm home and self isolating until I get the results.

Anybody else?

OP’s posts: |
Mindymomo Sat 24-Oct-20 16:27:41

My son is self isolating for 14 days since 2 work mates tested positive. He has been sent a private test by his firm, which was posted Thursday. All other results have come back negative but my son is still waiting for his.

orangejuicer Sat 24-Oct-20 16:29:34

Fingers crossed for your son Mindy.
My DS is almost 2 and it's very difficult to keep my distance from him (DP is looking after him obviously).

Giganticshark Sat 24-Oct-20 16:30:43

Had mine this morning. Just waiting for the result.
My son's had a cold - snotty. So I'm hoping iv just got that. Proper tickly cough I have though ahhh.

Giganticshark Sat 24-Oct-20 16:31:38

Oh you're isolating from the family you live with? That'd be impossible here! 😂

orangejuicer Sat 24-Oct-20 16:35:01

Well. Trying. DP is diabetic. DS is the most precious thing in my life. smile I slept on the floor of the spare room/office last night. I am a little unhinged I know!

RandallBoggs Sat 24-Oct-20 16:35:41

Sent my DD’s test off yesterday, it arrived in Glasgow at 2am this morning. I don’t think it is COVID as she always gets a cough at the end of a cold, but of course we are isolating until we get the response. Which I’m hoping is in the next day or so!

Giganticshark Sat 24-Oct-20 16:51:11

I hate my kids so we share a bed

AvoidingRealHumans Sat 24-Oct-20 17:08:06

Waiting on a result for my son, only had the test done at about 2.30pm so it won't be yet.
I'm guessing Tuesday but hopefully it will be sooner.

MilkItTilITurnItIntoCheese Sat 24-Oct-20 17:14:55

I just got my negative result from test taken at drive in centre on Thurs night around 7.30. Less than 48 hr wait for me. I have a cough

ihearttc Sat 24-Oct-20 17:16:44

I did a home test yesterday for my DS and we are now waiting on results. DS2 is supposed to be in a football match on Monday so could really do with it coming back tonight or tomorrow because he is going to be very disappointed if he misses it. Obviously we are all currently isolating.

OrangeGinLemonFanta Sat 24-Oct-20 17:17:25

Giganticshark

I hate my kids so we share a bed

grin

DH had a test at 8pm on Tuesday, came back early on Thursday. I had a test at midday on Thursday, came back at 7am today. Both positive.

ihearttc Sat 24-Oct-20 17:17:44

@RandallBoggs how did you track when it arrived? I can’t work out how to do it.

VeggieSausageRoll Sat 24-Oct-20 17:21:23

Had my results this morning, negative, again. About the 5th or 6th test I've had since July. The joys of cough variant asthma 🙄

RevIMJolly Sat 24-Oct-20 17:24:53

DS had a test at a drive through and it took 48 hours. It was negative but he had a cold. I think I have caught his cold so just have been tested and am waiting.

Only silver lining is that it is half term so at least the kids are not missing school, and have managed to do other stuff on Zoom.

But it has just struck me how much we could be bouncing in and out of isolation all winter. Have also learned to get the test as soon as possible.

GreenPlum Sat 24-Oct-20 17:30:10

I had a test as part of the vaccine trial. It goes through the same nhs system as a home/postal test.

Did it Tue 1pm.
Tracking says delivered Thur 8am.
Still waiting for result.

RandallBoggs Sat 24-Oct-20 17:37:58

ihearttc

*@RandallBoggs* how did you track when it arrived? I can’t work out how to do it.

Use Royal Mail track and trace with the barcode from the box you sent back. It doesn’t tell you about the status of the test though, just that it has arrived.

ihearttc Sat 24-Oct-20 17:49:48

Ah brilliant, thank you. I didn’t even think of doing that so I shall check now.

GreenPlum Sat 24-Oct-20 17:50:47

I just phoned 0300 303 2713
He said phone back tomorrow after 1pm
When it's been five days and he'll escalate it to delayed result investigation or some such.

JacobReesMogadishu Sat 24-Oct-20 17:53:00

Me. I got tested this morning. At a drive through. They said results within 72 hours but at the minute they’re normally back in about 24 hours.

ihearttc Sat 24-Oct-20 17:53:38

It apparently arrived at 3.07 this morning so I can’t see me hearing anything today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Elmo311 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:58:27

Yep! My son who is 2 has been coughing for 3 days, we got him tested yesterday at 3pm.

He didn't have a temperature or any other symptoms. I had to do the test and I'm not sure how reliable the result will be on a toddler who let me swab one nostril and half of the other!

Good luck to all awaiting results. Hopefully they'll come through soon!

FallenMadonnawiththeBadBoobies Sat 24-Oct-20 18:03:46

Yes, me. Only mild cold symptoms, but found out yesterday I had been in contact with someone who has tested positive. Managed to get a test yesterday morning and was told 24 hours. Nothing so far.

I don't think I have Covid, but feeling really, really stressed about the wait.

ContadoraExplorer Sat 24-Oct-20 18:42:24

We had to do a drive through test for DD last week. Was done about 5pm and the result was back by midday the following day so hopefully you don't have to wait too long.

gamerchick Sat 24-Oct-20 18:45:17

I went to a drive through yesterday. Booked and seen in less than an hour. Got results early this morning. Good luck.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in