Talk

Advanced search

Text message from gp surgery

(8 Posts)
mrshoho Thu 08-Oct-20 09:38:05

I received this message today advising to buy a pulse oximeter and thermometer to safely assess symptoms if needed. We bought these earlier in the year but thought I'd share as probably easier to buy now than later.

OP’s posts: |
Augustbreeze Thu 08-Oct-20 10:15:24

Wow. So did I though.

Orangeblossom7777 Thu 08-Oct-20 10:19:49

Is that being sent out to everyone or is in for a certain group (with health conditions) and / or is this in a high covid area?

If everyone tried to buy oximeters would they not run out? i thought they might be providing them. (to people testing positive)

mrshoho Thu 08-Oct-20 10:28:30

I don't know if it's been sent to all. My risk is that I'm 50 but no health probs. My dh was shielding but this wouldn't be on my records. I don't know if he got a text as well. We're in London so on a watch list but currently 78 per 100k cases so not high.

Orangeblossom7777 Thu 08-Oct-20 10:30:31

OK, thanks. They seem to have come down in price again, around £20 on Amazon. (oximeters) DH in that group so got one now

amicissimma Thu 08-Oct-20 10:43:43

If you have a smartphone you may have an oximetre. In the health app, measuring stress.

I have one and checked it against a stand-alone metre and they came out the same.

Augustbreeze Thu 08-Oct-20 10:48:16

How do you use yr phone to measure yr oxygen levels?

mrshoho Thu 08-Oct-20 12:29:43

some phones have a sensor where the camera is that you can press your finger on. My old samsung did but when I upgraded it wasn't on the new one.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in