Talk

Advanced search

Testing but need ID?

(19 Posts)
Growuppeople Mon 05-Oct-20 22:41:54

I’ve booked a test but they saying I need ID, photo driving license or passport I don’t have either! Will they still do it?

OP’s posts: |
Doodlepip23 Mon 05-Oct-20 22:45:26

I took DD today and they didn’t ask for ID. I was worried as well as DD is 3 - no passport yet and as for driving licence... hmm

Chocolategirl19791 Mon 05-Oct-20 22:46:45

We've now had 3 tests and none have asked for ID.

purpleflowers7 Mon 05-Oct-20 22:48:37

I have not been asked for ID. However I do find it odd that you have no form of ID. Probably something to look into.

PetCheetah Mon 05-Oct-20 22:51:10

Took DS today and they didn't ask for ID at all

Comefromaway Mon 05-Oct-20 22:52:32

purpleflowers7

I have not been asked for ID. However I do find it odd that you have no form of ID. Probably something to look into.

Lots of people don’t have a driving licence or passport. If you don’t drive and don’t go abroad why would you?

frazzledasarock Mon 05-Oct-20 22:52:51

They ask for ID on booking but I’ve not had to produce ID at the test nobody I know who’s been tested has.

You need to have your QR code which they email you or alternatively they take your name and address.

Growuppeople Mon 05-Oct-20 22:57:39

Sorry the email said I needed I.D thank you everyone

OP’s posts: |
emptyshelvesagain Mon 05-Oct-20 22:58:58

Lots of people don’t have a driving licence or passport. If you don’t drive and don’t go abroad why would you?

Because there are lots of situations, as demonstrated by this thread, where you need ID.

PickAChew Mon 05-Oct-20 23:02:38

I would suggest that for something that is a matter of wider public health, you cannot exclude a chunk of the population by insisting on paid for forms of ID signifying expensive travel.

Confuzzlediddled Mon 05-Oct-20 23:03:32

As long as you have the qr code you don't need ID as that's the identification

BashfulClam Tue 06-Oct-20 00:34:28

@Comefromaway photo ID is important. A provisional driving licence is valid and you can apply for one even if you have no intention of ever learning to drive.

AlwaysLatte Tue 06-Oct-20 00:40:13

My 12 year old didn't have ID as the only one he has is a passport and it expired last year (didn't want to waste a year of the renewal due to Covid so decided to renew next year). We took his birth certificate but they didn't ask to see any ID in the end.

Babyroobs Tue 06-Oct-20 01:02:18

I took my dd today and they did not ask to see any ID.

purpleflowers7 Tue 06-Oct-20 07:51:21

emptyshelvesagain

*Lots of people don’t have a driving licence or passport. If you don’t drive and don’t go abroad why would you?*

Because there are lots of situations, as demonstrated by this thread, where you need ID.

Yes, this @comefromaway

AvoidingRealHumans Tue 06-Oct-20 09:03:27

When I took my son they didn't need ID, there was no request at all for ID, on emails or at the center.
When I booked myself a home test I had to agree to them running a check on me to see if I was who I said I was, this shows up on my credit file as a soft search.

Comefromaway Tue 06-Oct-20 09:06:52

BashfulClam

*@Comefromaway* photo ID is important. A provisional driving licence is valid and you can apply for one even if you have no intention of ever learning to drive.

My husband is not even allowed to apply for a provisional driving licence due to a medical condition.

emptyshelvesagain Tue 06-Oct-20 10:45:23

My husband is not even allowed to apply for a provisional driving licence due to a medical condition.

Ok that's one situation though. Plenty of people do get licenses simply for ID purposes.

ChablisandCrisps Tue 06-Oct-20 18:50:43

I had a drive through test this week and was asked to hold my phone up with the QR code showing against the window along with a form of photo ID, so they can and do ask in some cases.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in