Talk

Advanced search

Masks, glasses, hearing aids and very small ears!!!

(9 Posts)
Potionqueen Fri 25-Sep-20 10:05:34

I am really struggling with the above. I have bilateral behind the ears hearing aids and glasses and am really struggling with wearing a mask. Anyone else with the same problem? Atm I am shopping without my hearing aids but finding this very difficult as you can imagine.

OP’s posts: |
PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 25-Sep-20 10:10:51

DH is having the same problems (other than the small ears!). He finds that every time he takes off his mask his hearing aids come with it. We haven't worked out a solution yet though, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

belowradar Fri 25-Sep-20 10:10:54

Get masks that have bands/ties behind the head - or if you only have behind-ear type masks then get the extenders that go behind the head and take the loops off the ears - cost a pound or two off Amazon.

Spaghettio Fri 25-Sep-20 10:11:16

Would a mask that has elastic around the back of your head help? Rather than behind the ears?

belowradar Fri 25-Sep-20 10:13:06

Or if you have a small enough face and a ponytail, as a last resort loop earloops either side of ponytail. But mask extender better bet. Or those headbands with buttons - you can make those yourself at home (google it, but the buttons go just behind ears and loop around there instead of on ears).

belowradar Fri 25-Sep-20 10:20:23

Actually I've just seen you can get nice fabric mask extenders that go behind the head that would be more comfortable than the plastic ones. DIY or buy.

janetmendoza Fri 25-Sep-20 18:00:28

God I have this apart from the small ears! And I also like to add long dangling earrings into the mix. So just started a trial for contact lenses. Might that be a possibility?

FatGirlShrinking Fri 25-Sep-20 18:06:05

You can make a mask extender really easy by just cutting a piece of felt which won't fray and attaching a button at each end, then use that to loop the ear elastics onto.

Someonesayroadtrip Fri 25-Sep-20 18:10:27

I wear contacts but my hearing aids get pulled out every time I take the mask off.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in