Talk

Advanced search

Eve Pass and similar apps

(5 Posts)
Thunderpunt Tue 22-Sep-20 12:24:42

Been asked to download an app called Eve Pass to have access to a local amateur event this weekend. I believe it's an app used for Track and Trace purposes, but I'm not entirely sure how it works but think you register with this app and every time you go somewhere that requires Track and Trace details your phone passes this info to them
(Compared to just writing name and number down)

I just find this whole collecting of our personal data digitally very worrying. At least with paper records they are eventually destroyed. (And I do appreciate the ecological disadvantages to this way of doing things)

I know they (and other similar apps) should be GDPR compliant but we all know of data breaches that occur.

Am I alone in feeling this is just another way out privacy could be at risk.....

OP’s posts: |
Thunderpunt Thu 24-Sep-20 08:47:22

A little bump..... seeing as the NHS one is launched today

BikeRunSki Thu 24-Sep-20 08:58:56

I don’t know why, but I feel the same as you OP.

AlecTrevelyan006 Thu 24-Sep-20 09:05:03

evepass.app

welcome to the brave new world

Thunderpunt Thu 24-Sep-20 10:37:36

We have a restaurant and have had to register with the gov.uk website and by law have to display a QR code for people to check in with, will be interesting to see how many people use it and how many continue to just be happy giving names and numbers in written format

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in