Talk

Advanced search

DS symptoms.

(5 Posts)
FeellikeEeyore Tue 15-Sep-20 08:39:44

DS has woken up with symptoms this morning. Bad throat, feeling clammy and a bit of a cough. I did the online thing and there were no appointments available. I even contemplated going privately but they don't have any tests available. We're currently all at home wondering what to do next. Do I just have to keep on trying? This is my worst nightmare as I'm just back at work and can't afford to take 14 days off just as a precaution.

OP’s posts: |
Augustbreeze Tue 15-Sep-20 08:58:29

So sorry to hear this. Does your employer have a clear policy about not coming in if a household member has symptoms?

RepeatSwan Tue 15-Sep-20 09:03:02

So sorry. You do all need to isolate though.

I am so angry about the testing fiasco.

FeellikeEeyore Tue 15-Sep-20 13:09:28

Managed to get a test for this afternoon. I think I'm just more worried about my work situation than anything else. My employer has a clear policy and they were understanding but my department has a couple of work warriors - both of whom came in with fevers in March when the advice was really clear. I worry that I'm the one that looks like the idiot for not coming in even though it is legitimate.

OP’s posts: |
RepeatSwan Tue 15-Sep-20 13:10:46

You are following clear government advice, your work warriors are actually work wankers!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in