Talk

Advanced search

Do airline crew have to quarantine?

(8 Posts)
RoseAndRose Sat 12-Sep-20 13:37:54

From the current exemptions list:

Aircraft pilots and crew
Applies to:

Pilots and crew, as defined in paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 to the Air Navigation Order 2016(h), where such crew have travelled to the UK in the course of their work.

You will need to complete the passenger locator form before you travel to the UK if you travel in any part of the aircraft that is accessible to any passenger for any part of the journey (for example the aircraft cabin).

You do not need to complete the passenger locator form if you travel in a part of the aircraft that is not accessible to passengers, for example a fully enclosed cockpit.

You will not need to self-isolate.

You should show a crew badge or ID

WildSkitty Sat 12-Sep-20 13:25:05

No, they don't.

JacobReesMogadishu Sat 12-Sep-20 13:24:14

No they don’t. Like previous poster said there’s quite a few exemptions.

A friend of mine is currently in New York and won’t have to self quarantine when he comes back. Then he’s home for a week and off to France and won’t need to quarantine when he gets back from there either.

lljkk Sat 12-Sep-20 11:37:03

No they don't have to. There are quite a few exempt occupations, even in New Zealand.

wowfudge Sat 12-Sep-20 11:32:44

I believe that if crew stay airside at an overseas airport they haven't technically entered the country anyway.

KitKatastrophe Sat 12-Sep-20 11:29:39

No that would be ridiculous! One day work and then 2 weeks quarantine? They would run out of staff within days.

Waxonwaxoff0 Sat 12-Sep-20 11:26:36

I wouldn't have thought so. If you have to travel for work you are exempt from quarantine I believe.

MaggieFS Sat 12-Sep-20 11:16:03

Just a random thought. Even if they don't enter the country themselves because they fly straight back again, they're spending two+ hours in close proximity to people who might be infected, so surely it defeats the point of quarantine in they don't.

But it would be impossible and impractical to quarantine crew for two weeks after every flight, I would assume? (Also assuming flights are still going to/from quarantine destinations).

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in