Talk

Advanced search

How did you / your child get tested?

(61 Posts)
KeysDontBelongInTheFridge Thu 10-Sep-20 07:47:09

I tried the website to book a test but it wasn’t coming up with anything. Just wondering how you managed to book your test? X

OP’s posts: |
Watford1990 Thu 10-Sep-20 07:48:25

ive got exactly the same message its absurd! trying to book for my 4 year old , litreally no idea what to do!

Yetiyoga Thu 10-Sep-20 07:49:10

www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Through this link for me. Is that where you tried?

KeysDontBelongInTheFridge Thu 10-Sep-20 07:49:17

Argh!!! I’m going to try my GP when they open, as children surely need to be tested otherwise it’s just going to spread round the school!

KeysDontBelongInTheFridge Thu 10-Sep-20 07:49:34

Watford, hope you manage to get one x

KeysDontBelongInTheFridge Thu 10-Sep-20 07:50:12

Yetiyoga - thank you, I’ve tried that one twice already but nothing. Will keep trying throughout the day

wendz86 Thu 10-Sep-20 07:51:02

Try at 8 am, they release more tests then i think.

I got a postal one booked around 9 am on Monday for my dd. Waiting for results still.

Yetiyoga Thu 10-Sep-20 07:52:51

@KeysDontBelongInTheFridge I hope you manage to get one. So many people having problems, it is terrible really.

ChessIsASport Thu 10-Sep-20 07:53:14

Lloyd’s Chemists do postal tests but I think it is about £100. But if you were desperate it could be an option.

Sunseed Thu 10-Sep-20 07:53:22

Luckily we have a walk-in testing centre that opened locally last weekend. No booking needed, though it was busy so bit of a queue when I took DC on Tuesday. I only found out about it by checking the Council's website. NHS was hopeless.

AppleKatie Thu 10-Sep-20 07:54:38

drive to your nearest test centre odds on they will test without an appt.

The website is useless.

Mmmmdanone Thu 10-Sep-20 08:06:33

In my area new times were released at 8pm and I got in quick. Also, I was offered a home test if I was unable to book a drive- through.

Watford1990 Thu 10-Sep-20 08:09:43

KeysDontBelongInTheFridge

I tried the website to book a test but it wasn’t coming up with anything. Just wondering how you managed to book your test? X

ive just managed to book a postal test, knowing my bloody luck my sons symptons will go by the time it comes

Twintoo Thu 10-Sep-20 08:15:03

I heard on PMQs yesterday that something like 17000 test slits weren't taken yesterday and yet Keir Starmer pointed out (repeatedly) the problem of either not being able to get a test at all, ir being allocated one an unsuitable distance away (the example he gave was someone in London being offered one in Swansea). Its ridiculous. BJ (obviously) ignored the point and waffled on about how hard testing staff and lab staff are working. Of course I dont doubt that they are working hard but it really doesnt solve the issue about making tests available.

Gingenius Thu 10-Sep-20 08:17:41

I managed to get a home test: ordered on Sunday, sent it back Monday but still no results: anyone had a gone test recently? How long did you wait? Another day stuck at home with two very healthy kids 😩

OldEvilOwl Thu 10-Sep-20 08:22:40

I phoned 119 and got an appointment for the next day. Was a 40min drive away but we are rural so it was never going to be close. North Wales

Leostar Thu 10-Sep-20 08:31:19

Have just managed to get a home test ordered

KeysDontBelongInTheFridge Thu 10-Sep-20 08:51:44

Wendz88c thank you for the heads up on the release of tests. Just managed to book a home test. It’s bonkers, as listening to BoJo I thought the testing situation was semi-sorted out now!

KeysDontBelongInTheFridge Thu 10-Sep-20 08:52:05

Thanks to all your replies!

Thirtyrock39 Thu 10-Sep-20 08:56:48

Is it true about just turning up at a drive through? There is such mixed messages as to whether that works
We are near a local lockdown so many walk in places but none of these showing up on the website
It's beyond stressful

Izzyislington Thu 10-Sep-20 09:14:05

I live in London and am in the same position with my DD who has now missed the first two days of school.
I am 100% certain it's a cold so have misgivings about "wasting" a test - but have checked the "book a test" site repeatedly all day yesterday and again today and not been able to book one anyway. No home tests, no walk ins, no drive thru tests. Nothing at all available. This is London, a city of what, 8million people? That's really worrying.

storminabuttercup Thu 10-Sep-20 09:29:43

I've been trying since 7am to get a test, nothing available not even home tests.

Augustbreeze Thu 10-Sep-20 09:36:09

Yes just turn up at a test site, it worked for us on Tuesday, and got results in 34 hrs.

user1471530109 Thu 10-Sep-20 09:46:28

This is fucking ridiculous. My two are coughing so of course need a test. I'm also a teacher so 150+ kids are missing their lesson with their teacher today. I can't get a test! So that's tomorrow too and potentially going into next week.

I'm going to try 119 thank you. No local sites near me so it's an trip of almost an hour away and to be turned away...

user1471530109 Thu 10-Sep-20 09:47:57

And do you keep just refreshing the last page? Or have to fill the whole thing in again? I keep refreshing but worried that's not working...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in