Talk

Advanced search

Booking test - my name or child’s?

(9 Posts)
WilsonMilson Wed 09-Sep-20 22:11:26

This might be a stupid question - it’s late and I’m frazzled. My dc has some COVID symptoms (fever, sore throat, generally feeling flu like) and I’ve just gone on the gov website to book a test. But do I put my child’s name or my own..I put my child’s, but then it then asks about work and occupation and that doesn’t apply obviously. I’m probably being incredibly daft, but should I put my name? I’ll have to put my contact number and email anyway for the results.
I’m going to try to get a drive through slot, but think they are quite hard to get close by at the moment. Urgh, stressed.

OP’s posts: |
CheshireDing Wed 09-Sep-20 22:14:28

Does it not ask for date of birth somewhere ? I booked one for my 4 year old a while ago and can’t remember whether I put his name.
Can you ignore the work question ?
Sorry no help !

Pugdoglife Wed 09-Sep-20 22:14:41

I put my child's name and clicked ",prefer not to say" on the job questions

WilsonMilson Wed 09-Sep-20 22:16:39

Ah great, I’ll do the ‘prefer not to say’ - thanks, I was beginning to question whether it was just me losing the plot!

CheshireDing Wed 09-Sep-20 22:18:05

Also there is a question which says it am ordering for someone else’ so you can put your name but then tick that.

WilsonMilson Wed 09-Sep-20 22:24:22

Wtf, now it’s saying ‘no test sites available’ to both the drive though and walk through options. Can’t go any further.

Mangofandangoo Wed 09-Sep-20 22:25:03

Keep checking, they are randomly added

Cakeandfinewines Wed 09-Sep-20 22:26:10

I put my own name first and selected ordering for someone else, but then it turned out it would automatically give you both a test. If no symptoms you're not meant to book one so redid under DS's name. Not clear what you're actually meant to do though.

WilsonMilson Wed 09-Sep-20 22:26:44

Yeah I tried the bit ‘I’m ordering for someone else’ but the next screen was then unsure whether to enter their details or my own. Went back and just put in my child’s details.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in