Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had their 3yo tested?

(7 Posts)
sleepfortheweek Tue 01-Sep-20 00:14:29

DD2 is three and has a bit of a temperature. We are supposed to be traveling later this week for my Grandma's funeral so booking a test ASAP and praying the results come back quickly so I can attend.

How invasive is the test? She won't even let me put the non touch thermometer near her without a fuss 🙄🙄🙄

I'm dreading it, and know it's probably the cold as DH and I have had for a few day, but we can't travel until we know for sure

OP’s posts: |
Anothernamebitesthedust Tue 01-Sep-20 05:30:29

Yep my 3yo has been tested twice. DH and I did it together - she sat on my knee in the car and I did the test while DH entertained her. It was fine, she was great about it. Honestly it’s really not that bad.

Her big sister (six) made much, much more fuss - but she’s definitely the drama llama in our family anyway. grin

DarkMintChocolate Tue 01-Sep-20 07:43:32

DS did it to DGD, aged 2y 4m. He played doctors and nurses with her - DDIL had a baby in June, so she was well used to watching various things done to her mother!

spottygymbag Tue 01-Sep-20 09:56:16

I've had DD tested three times now (3.5y). Throat only for that age where we are and she copes just fine. Told her they would tickle her tonsils with a cotton bud and then when we got back to the car she would get a sticker. She was a bit nervous but handled it really well and it was over so fast each time.

Toastycornflakes Tue 01-Sep-20 10:07:55

I tested my 4 year old when she had a temp. Couldn’t get the swab anywhere near her tonsils but it said if you can’t to do each nostril instead. I swabbed while DH held her. She screamed and wriggled a lot but she is very dramatic! It was negative. I’m hoping I don’t have to do it very often.

Ethelfleda Tue 01-Sep-20 16:44:06

My nearly three year old (in a couple of months) has one a few weeks back. Both of us had to go, DH sat in the back and administered the test (the staff won’t do it on one so young)
Honestly he barely flinched. It was absolutely fine and we got results back first thing the following morning (negative)

Ellsbells12 Tue 01-Sep-20 21:56:44

Had my 2 year old tested was not pleasant

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in