Talk

Advanced search

Supermarket queues and F*cking lava bread

(36 Posts)
SanctuaryPlease Wed 12-Aug-20 17:21:02

Are there queues anymore? Not seen one in weeks. Are they letting more people in now masks have saved us from certain death hmm?

And if I get the fucking mumsnet video pop up one more time I am going to throw my laptop out the shitting window. I hate hot weather angry

OP’s posts: |
Saucery Wed 12-Aug-20 17:22:30

No, it’s fairly quiet in supermarkets round here on a weekday now.

Adblocker is your friend.

OcarinaBear Wed 12-Aug-20 18:43:02

Our Tesco isn't queuing anymore. They have got rid of the barriers in the carpark as well. No one way system either. Just 2m spaces queuing at the tills.

Marmite27 Wed 12-Aug-20 18:44:28

Our Aldi has an electroninc stop / go sign for entry over the ‘in’ door hmm

StopGo Wed 12-Aug-20 20:16:03

I've got loads of lava bread but no idea what to do with it.

KitKatastrophe Wed 12-Aug-20 20:54:52

Ours have queues during busy times but not in the evenings when its quieter.

dementedpixie Wed 12-Aug-20 20:59:19

I've not seen a queue recently except for the other day when I came out of aldi and they were queuing to get in. One way systems have gone

GreyGardens88 Wed 12-Aug-20 21:00:44

No you don't have to queue anymore to get in, thank f*ck

FinnyStory Wed 12-Aug-20 21:04:17

What is Lava bread?

I never queued, went on my way home from work and we managed on whatever I could get. There were only queues here if you wanted to be first in in the mornings.

Hairthrowaway Wed 12-Aug-20 21:05:44

The queues stopped before masks were mandatory though. To me, it’s like supermarket queues vanished as soon as the non essential retailers reopened - as people had other options than visiting a supermarket to kill time.

But yes, if it’s not possible to social distance 2m inside, 1m and masks on seems to be the new guidance

Hairthrowaway Wed 12-Aug-20 21:06:16

I have only had to queue for Ikea recently

Hairthrowaway Wed 12-Aug-20 21:07:36

One way systems inside seem to be abolished, but I wish shops would open all entrances/exits again. It’s fine when you’re driving but annoying if you’re on foot with fairly heavy bags

KilljoysDutch Wed 12-Aug-20 21:08:25

If you're getting the adblock banners when you use an adblocker I highly recommend brave browser it's built on the chrome engine but has a built in adblocker that very very few websites seem able to detect.

Pipandmum Wed 12-Aug-20 21:10:40

No queues anymore at local big tesco but still one door in and one door to get out.

HollyHocks13 Wed 12-Aug-20 21:13:42

FinnyStory

What is Lava bread?

I never queued, went on my way home from work and we managed on whatever I could get. There were only queues here if you wanted to be first in in the mornings.

I'm assuming OP means Laverbread..?

I haven't had any ads for it though so maybe depends on your location?

FinnyStory Wed 12-Aug-20 21:25:01

I don't know what laverbread is either grin

CoffeeandCroissant Wed 12-Aug-20 21:26:54

Duck Duck Go browser app also blocks ads including those annoying autoplay video ones.

cringeworthit Wed 12-Aug-20 21:30:10

People seem to be spreading themselves out during the day now, and I've not seen any queues at a supermarket for weeks (apart from my local Waitrose on Friday mid-mornings).

Hairthrowaway Wed 12-Aug-20 21:55:14

Supermarkets have also increased their opening hours too.

BestIsWest Wed 12-Aug-20 21:58:16

Ads for laverbread?

HoneyBee03 Wed 12-Aug-20 22:03:24

My local Asda has no queue anymore and when I popped in the other day it was absolutely packed. It felt like a regular busy Saturday if it wasn't for the masks.

DrMadelineMaxwell Wed 12-Aug-20 22:18:44

Laverbread is a paste made from laver seaweed.

1Micem0use Wed 12-Aug-20 23:49:09

Laverbread fried with bits of bacon

BestIsWest Thu 13-Aug-20 08:11:09

I live near the home of laverbread, family used to make the stuff. Never seen ads for it though.

happypotamus Thu 13-Aug-20 08:20:40

My local Aldi has a sign advising whether you can go in or should wait and queue. I don't know what the capacity is deemed to be, but it was absolutely packed, the checkout queues were halfway down the aisles so no way to get to the shelves without being less than 1m from other people.
I have nothing to say about laverbread though. I don't know what adblocker DH has on this computer but it is effective against laverbread ads.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in