Advanced search


(7 Posts)
abc123itsme Fri 07-Aug-20 17:09:58

OH just phoned me and told me that one of the operatives on one of the sites this week had symptoms and tested positive.
As a precaution the main contractors shut site today and said no trades are allowed back on until next week and that's only providing they have a negative test.
OH wasn't anywhere near the person or actually on site the day they started feeling ill or any of the people he works with. He was onsite today which is when they have shut site because the persons test came back positive. They are all obviously going for a test as per the main contractors instructions but is everyone that's been on site since now meant to self isolate until test results come back and stay away from there families? OH looked online and can only find things about self isolating if showing symptoms and not if instructed to go for a test.

OP’s posts: |
kimlo Fri 07-Aug-20 17:14:24

if he was a close contact he would need to self isolate for 2 weeks, you only have a test if you get syptoms within those 2 weeks.

It doesn't sound like he is a close contact anyway.

abc123itsme Fri 07-Aug-20 17:39:44

He wasn't in close contact but all trade people who have been onsite this week have been told they must go for a test.
OH thought you had a test only if had symptoms but appears they all have to have one.

OP’s posts: |
Lindy2 Fri 07-Aug-20 17:54:34

He wouldn't fall into the category of needing to test or self isolate if he didn't have close contact.

I agree though with the more cautious approach if everyone getting a test done. There seems to be growing evidence of quite a high number of asymptomatic cases, so testing seems very sensible to me.

Test results are generally pretty quick if he goes to a drive through. I got results in only 12 hours a few weeks ago. Tested at 8.30am results back by dinner time. (Negative)

He can't go to work until he gets his result. As it shouldn't take long to know his results I would say to try and observe 2m distancing at home and sleep separately, if you can. It might be a bit over cautious but I'm in the better safe than sorry camp.

He should also keep a close eye out for any symptoms, even minor ones, as obviously the test result is just a snapshot result. Someone may have been exposed to Coronavirus and be incubating it but still test negative as it hasn't yet taken hold yet.

abc123itsme Fri 07-Aug-20 18:40:25

Thanks Lindy2,

No close contact.
No test available until tomorrow now.
So do you recommend not going out of the house this weekend until result back?

OP’s posts: |
Lindy2 Fri 07-Aug-20 18:55:53

If it was me I'd probably stay home. I'd definitely avoid anywhere crowded or shops etc.

If he can be tested in the morning tomorrow hopefully he'll have his results by the end of the day or early on Sunday.

As I said I am quite cautious and it's very unlikely he has it. I wouldn't want to risk infecting other people though for the sake of one weekend at home rather than out.

abc123itsme Tue 11-Aug-20 10:31:49

OH results came back negative.
Myself and DD wasn't tested however today we both have sore throats and I have phlegm and blocked nose.
I'm already quite paranoid, anxious ...
We went for a couple of walks over the weekend and again yesterday and both have hayfever.
My eyes are itchy and DD's look sore. Is it more than likely our hayfever and not anything else.
We haven't been near anyone other than OH since last Wednesday when we went for a walk with DD best friend.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in