Talk

Advanced search

Do the positive tests take longer to send results back?

(7 Posts)
alittlebitofsunshine Wed 05-Aug-20 20:39:32

My family all had the test yesterday but whereas my DH and I had negative results we have not had anything re my DD. Does anyone know why this might be?

OP’s posts: |
yarncakes Wed 05-Aug-20 20:55:51

No that's not true. I've had covid tests that has come back 24, 36, 48, 72, 86 etc hours and all have been negative. My colleagues had all of their neg results back the following day once whereas I never received mine at all. Work had to call and chase them up! It depends what batch the lab is doing. It will all be in a mix.

JulyBreeze Wed 05-Aug-20 20:59:30

No it doesn't take any linger to process a positive result than a negative one OP! Try not to worry.

alittlebitofsunshine Wed 05-Aug-20 21:18:56

I am desperate to get my DD result, not because I think she has it but because I'm a social worker and really need to get out to see families who are struggling confused

OP’s posts: |
ChristmasinJune Wed 05-Aug-20 23:13:50

When this happened with mine and ds' tests, mine came back inconclusive.... not sure if inconclusive ones come back more slowly?

flowerstar19 Wed 05-Aug-20 23:19:51

Our family of 4 all did home tests about three weeks ago, 4 results came back quickly and the last one still hasn't - despite me chasing it! I think some get lost... worryingly!

flowerstar19 Wed 05-Aug-20 23:20:37

should say 3 results came back!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in