Holiday October 2020(16 Posts)
Join the discussion
Just wondering if anyone has a holiday booked end of 2020?
We have to pay our holiday off in July and are unsure about what to do? Anybody in the same position or thinking that travel should be ok for then?
We’re in the same position. Have paid a deposit for a holiday, balance due at the end of the month. Not convinced it’ll go ahead in the Autumn, at least not in its usual form, and not sure how keen we’d be anyway then. At the moment we’re trying to decide if we lose the deposit and cut our losses, or pay the balance and hope that at the time we’re either refunded, allowed to change dates or want to go.
We are and I’m hoping we will get away. It’s all paid for anyway. But Simon Calder (travel guru!) always advises to pay your balance because if it doesn’t go ahead you will get the whole thing refunded. Unless you know now you don’t want to go regardless in which case you’re as well cutting your losses and losing deposit.
It also very much depends on where you are booked to go as to whether you’d want to go...We are booked to go somewhere that is doing waaay better than the UK in the Covid stakes so more chance of them not wanting us in!
I had a Disney trip to Florida booker. I have cancelled. I don’t feel it would be the same trip. Florida is faring badly at present and if there is a second wave in Autumn I would not want to be stuck there. It is just not worth it. It is an expensive holiday and we want it to be enjoyed without restrictions or concerns.
Thank you all for responses! I have spoken to the travel agents who are saying I will have to pay cancellation fees if I don’t go? Has anyone been told that? I’m just really worried we lost my job due to the virus and don’t want to be forking out for anything really it’s south of France where we were to be going. I’m just thinking if I have to pay cancellation fees I may as well pay the holiday off and hope for the best but really don’t know what to do!
We are booked to go long haul in October. Currently our hotel have confirmed they are opening in July and Qatar have amended the first leg of our outbound flight to go from Heathrow instead of Gatwick. Still to hear from TUI but we are hopeful.
@rainbowscalling yes we have been told the hotel we are going to is opening in July & flights are going ahead! That’s why if we decided not to go we would have to pay cancellation fees, insurance doesn’t cover it either.
I've just cancelled my September holiday. I lost the deposit.
@banginchoons did you have to pay any cancellation fees if you don’t mind me asking?
We were booked to do a New England drive round - had booked Avios flights and had a couple of booking.com hotel bookings. Have just cancelled it yesterday.
All seems too difficult this year really, it'll still be there when things settle. US seems to be going in the wrong direction, and don't want to spend thousands on a holiday that is 'limited' - plus didn't want to have 3 weeks of annual leave hanging over me that I would rather take at a different time if it didn't work out.
@whitney168 did you have to pay any cancellation fees if you don’t mind me asking?
I want to change our October holiday to next year because I'm not convinced we will get the holiday we want. Our kids are still young too so if the flight rules are anything like the same as they are now it will be rubbish.
If we can't change I'll just cancel and lose the deposit, better than paying more and losing it or going and hating it.
Avios flight cancellation of £50 per person - hotel bookings were cancellable without penalty.
Thankyou @Whitney168 I’ll look into it more!
Join the discussion
Please login first.