Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown affecting mental health - how are you coping

(3 Posts)
Bookridden Sun 28-Jun-20 07:58:17

I should preface this by saying I'm lucky. I'm healthy, financially ok etc. But I'm now beginning to feel low about the fact it feels this lockdown is never ending. I don't know when, or if, normality will return. I want a break from DD who is 13, always around and moody as hell. I am tired of trying to combine homeschool with work and keep her entertained and happy. DH is brilliant but I desperately want to be alone in the house. THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE.

I am absolutely fucking angry that every hint of normality that returns is accompanied by wailing and insinuations that going outside basically = murdering vulnerable people. I am enraged by the lack of school for 6 months and the fact it may not go back in September fills me with dread.
I am so fucking bored of nature walks. I want to go to a cafe, a cinema, a pub, a bookshop. I want to chat to randoms . I want to be able to pop into the supermarket without a 20 minute queue. I want something to look forward to.

I am low and angry. I think it would help if I knew others felt the same and we shared tips. It's getting to the stage where I feel unwell. Is there hope for normality, or is this it forever?

OP’s posts: |
Tangledyarn Sun 28-Jun-20 08:07:03

I think it's hard and does feel never ending, but things have been relaxed, you can go to a bookshop now, from next week you can go to pubs and cafes.
Its obviously very difficult having to continue with home schooling but can your dd start getting out to meet friends, having people over in the garden or even in the house from next week, it might help it all feel a bit more normal for you.

AshGirl Sun 28-Jun-20 11:26:08

This Twitter thread was helpful in talking about how normal these feelings are in a pandemic

https://twitter.com/sarahnollwilson/status/1276281247900356608?s=21

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »