Talk

Advanced search

Still no sense of smell!

(6 Posts)
whonosewhen Thu 25-Jun-20 23:37:16

I think I had corona virus around 3 months ago around the time it peaked and lost my sense of smell. I still can't smell a thing. Anyone else have this problem?

I didn't care initially as assumed it would come back but now I feel a bit sad about it and also a bit worried that I can't smell things like gas or smoke.

OP’s posts: |
annonymousse Thu 25-Jun-20 23:47:15

I had it at Easter time. I seem to be able to smell flowers and perfume but very little else. Bathrooms smells and cooking smells don’t get through. Not that I want to able to smell bad smells but I do feel disadvantaged 🤷‍♀️

LakeFlyPie Thu 25-Jun-20 23:57:29

I had Covid at Easter. Complete anosmia for 2-3 weeks, has come back a bit but I used to have a really sensitive sense of smell and it's nowhere near as acute as it used to be

thecatneuterer Fri 26-Jun-20 01:14:00

Exactly the same as LakeFlyPie. I had it in March. I could smell nothing whatsoever for a couple of weeks, then it slowly began to return. However my previously acute sense of smell is now really dulled. I really hope it returns properly one day.

Inkpaperstars Fri 26-Jun-20 09:29:59

Same as two previous posters. Although I wasn't tested so don't know if Covid was the cause.

Inkpaperstars Fri 26-Jun-20 09:31:22

If it's any consolation to us I read that in general recovery of sense of smell can take a year, so I am hopeful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »