Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown easing, inlaws and a toddler

(5 Posts)
KangarooAtTheZoo Thu 25-Jun-20 16:14:13

From July 4th two households of whatever size can meet inside. Is it true it's no longer a 2 meter rule and it will be a 1 meter rule?

I have a 2 year old that doesn't understand what's going on and won't stay a meter from someone in the house. Once lockdown is eased my husbands family is wanting to visit - all of them. Mil, GMil and step fil (they want us to travel there somehow when we both can't drive), fil and step mil, Sil and bil and his gf. At different times I think. That's 4 different households. I'm worried about all these people wanting to visit when we can't social distance with a toddler. Am I being silly to be worried?

OP’s posts: |
Sunnydayshereatlast Thu 25-Jun-20 16:17:21

Well they can be the ones to travel. Roads go both ways. Train with a toddler in July heat ? No thanks..

Racoonworld Thu 25-Jun-20 16:33:41

No it’s still 2m, 1m with mitigations in place (such as masks)

StinkySaurus Thu 25-Jun-20 16:38:35

A valid decision would be not to meet as you cannot socially distance due to toddler.

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 25-Jun-20 16:40:37

It's still a 2 meter rule, 1 meter any applies when you can't avoid it so take other precautions ie mask and gloves.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »