Talk

Advanced search

Are you meeting friends with their children?

(20 Posts)
Lottiebugz22 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:19:24

My friend wants me to meet up with her and her daughter who is the same age as my daughter. I feel like it would be great for them to see eachother and for me and my friend to see eachother but I'm well aware that there is still a risk. What are others doing?

OP’s posts: |
SorrelBlackbeak Thu 25-Jun-20 11:20:49

If there will be fewer than 6 people and its outside, yes absolutely.

ohthegoats Thu 25-Jun-20 11:21:06

Yes.

Campervan69 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:24:13

Yes. They are loving it.

SqidgeBum Thu 25-Jun-20 11:27:59

I have an 18 month old. I have been meeting one friend and their child/children at a time usually in each others back gardens. Adults SD, but we dont stop the kids from coming in contact. It has made the world of difference to my DD.

BogRollBOGOF Thu 25-Jun-20 11:34:32

Yes I would.
We've been stick in social groundhog day because people we would normally meet up with are being rigorous about 8 people. As we're doing fuck-all with our lives, there's no difference in risk whether a family of 4 meets 1, 2, 3 or 4 of us. 6 people is arbitary and two households making 8 is less risk than going up to 6 from different households.

Children need the company of other children, so let them get out and play.

Qasd Thu 25-Jun-20 11:42:39

Yes providing we are less than a group of six (me and my two kids and another mum with her two) and outdoors, have done it a few times

minipie Thu 25-Jun-20 11:45:47

Yes. Since the weather turned nice I have done a few garden playdates with friends of DD. She’s missing school and her friends a lot, her sister is back but she is not, and this is the only thing I can offer her. It’s really cheered her up.

Powerof4 Thu 25-Jun-20 17:56:39

I’m meeting friends with children - 2 households, no more than 6 and social distancing.

happytoday73 Thu 25-Jun-20 17:57:50

Yes.... We have done this a few times outside over the past few weeks. Its really helped us all mentally

OnlyFoolsnMothers Thu 25-Jun-20 17:59:14

Yes back at nursery, seeing cousins and play dates the next couple of weekends. My daughter is v happy!

frozendaisy Thu 25-Jun-20 18:09:13

Yes but only x2 close friends.

gingganggooleywotsit Thu 25-Jun-20 18:34:06

Yes absolutely for the sake of my son's mental health!

FrugiFan Thu 25-Jun-20 20:12:03

Yes and we havent been making the children social distance because they're only 3.

mrsspooky Thu 25-Jun-20 20:16:34

yes, we have been outdoors and not sharing things atall, it feels very safe and not too bad if they accidently wander close to each other - they dont hug or chatter close together but have enormous fun playing side by side and running around, its been really beneficial for minimal risk - we know there is a risk but its only for a couple of hours each week (theyve liked the routine!) and outdoors so less risky than school which is said to be safe (!)

IamChipmunk Thu 25-Jun-20 20:16:48

No, because they can't socially distance without constant reminders (3 and 5) so it seems pointless.

Uhoh2020 Thu 25-Jun-20 20:22:22

Yes I went round to my friends last week in the garden. We socially distanced but the kids didn't however they are in the same bubble in school where it's not required so didn't really see the point trying to enforce it. It did us all the world of good. A few wines in the sun chatting up with a friend I've not seen (although we have spoke on the phone) in months and the kids playing happily on the trampoline and paddling pool

Wilberforce1 Thu 25-Jun-20 20:31:32

Yes have done this a few times now, 3 adults and 6 kids.

Pootle40 Thu 25-Jun-20 20:31:33

Yes of course

TheMurk Thu 25-Jun-20 20:33:57

Yes and not setting limits or restrictions.

Kids play as normal.

Adults started off sitting apart now we are just sitting like we normally did.

Time to live again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »