Talk

Advanced search

What are buses like at the moment?

(10 Posts)
FluffyKittensinabasket Tue 23-Jun-20 19:31:25

Just wondering if anybody is taking buses to work at the moment with the limited passenger numbers? A bit worried I will wait hours to get a bus!

OP’s posts: |
refusetobeasheep Tue 23-Jun-20 19:35:12

I imagine it totally varies. I got a bus ham to Kew last week and there were very few people on it, it was a breeze

flack Tue 23-Jun-20 19:47:00

almost empty or very empty where i live

Inkpaperstars Wed 24-Jun-20 00:36:15

Haven't been on a bus but they go past here often and always look empty or very lightly occupied, none look full. This is in a city so buses are regular though.

Inkpaperstars Wed 24-Jun-20 00:37:07

Haven't been on a bus recently, I've obviously been on a bus.

PumpkinP Wed 24-Jun-20 10:46:31

Empty where I am

ifonly4 Wed 24-Jun-20 10:50:17

I haven't been on one, but there's typically 1-3 on a bus between 9am and 4pm. Not sure about rush hour.

historyrocks Wed 24-Jun-20 11:16:07

I also haven't been on a bus since the lockdown, but the ones I've seen have been almost empty. However, I can see that changing as shops open up, which will mean more workers travelling into the centre, along with some shoppers. My concern would also be having to wait for ages, but I'm in Scotland so the 2m rule still applies.

happypotamus Wed 24-Jun-20 16:23:50

I have been getting buses a couple of times a week throughout lockdown to get to work. Even in the middle of lockdown there were days when the bus was so busy you couldn't sit 2m away from other people, and I only get the bus at less busy times of day (usually 6.30am and 9.30pm). In my city they aren't enforcing the mandatory wearing of face coverings, social distancing or reduced numbers allowed on at all. Mostly, the buses seem to be a bit quieter than usual at the times I travel, but not always. In the middle of lockdown they significantly reduced the number of buses running here due to low demand, but have increased back to near normal levels so there is supposed to be at least 1 bus every 10 mins at peak times.

Ginfordinner Wed 24-Jun-20 16:25:24

Empty where I am

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »