Talk

Advanced search

Can I run someone to a drive through covid test centre?

(13 Posts)
ssd Tue 23-Jun-20 14:53:55

Family member I don't live with needs a test but doesn't drive. Can I drive them to the test centre?

OP’s posts: |
Watsername Tue 23-Jun-20 14:57:52

I don't think so. They could order a home test.

DishRanAwayWithTheSpoon Tue 23-Jun-20 15:00:11

If you are prepared to self isolate for 2 weeks then I dont see why not.

Or they could just order a home test

FrugiFan Tue 23-Jun-20 15:01:55

If they're getting tested, presumably they think they have it so it wouldnt be very sensible to get in a car together.

starfish4 Tue 23-Jun-20 15:04:16

I think it would be better if they insisted on a home test on the basis they'd have to potentially expose someone else to get there.

Spied Tue 23-Jun-20 15:04:25

They need to get the home test. Ordered ours one day and it arrived the next. Was picked up by courier early the next morning.

BlackCrow Tue 23-Jun-20 15:04:48

Why would you willingly get into a confined space with someone who thinks they might have Covid?!

ArriettyJones Tue 23-Jun-20 15:06:21

So you’re only considering breaking the rules with people actively suspected of being infected with COVID?!

Sounds sensible. confused

YellowOrangeRed Tue 23-Jun-20 15:18:22

The family member might need the test in order to get some kind of hospital procedure, they might not have symptoms requiring a test.

7alwje783 Tue 23-Jun-20 15:21:48

Why not just order them a home test? I had one last week as part of a scientific study, it's very very easy. Order test, arrived the next morning, did the test that evening, collected the next day first thing, results came the day after.

sashagabadon Tue 23-Jun-20 15:24:14

yes you can if you bubble with them /live with themt

took my daugher by car to one on Sunday. The army officer just went to her passenger side. We wound down her window a smidgen so he could pass the test to her. We drove to a parking spot, she did the test and we drove to the guy to hand it over. Whole thing took 5 mins max.

You must bring the confirmation email with you and a phone as you have to ring them from inside the car

it was all very well organised

negative result back by email to my daughter 24 hours later

sashagabadon Tue 23-Jun-20 15:27:26

sorry just saw you don;t live with them - then agree with others , home test

ssd Tue 23-Jun-20 18:32:30

I didn't take him, he's gone by himself.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »