Talk

Advanced search

Do Asda grocery deliveries come in bags at the moment?

(24 Posts)
MrsWolf2 Mon 22-Jun-20 14:42:39

Just that really - managed to get my first delivery slot with them since lockdown and it’s coming this afternoon. The confirmation email says there won’t be any bags but their website says there will - which is right does anyone know?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
feelingdizzy Mon 22-Jun-20 14:45:33

Yes, all the recent deliveries I have had, they used bags.

Jellyhater Mon 22-Jun-20 14:53:39

My asda deliveries have cone with bags

MrsWolf2 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:00:30

Great thanks

Bol87 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:00:46

I use Morrison’s & they’ve gone back to bags during lockdown. I assume all deliveries have had too to minimise contact points. Probs best the driver isn’t handling all your boxes, bottles & packages! Morrison’s leave the crate at your door & stand back. You then lift the bags out the crate, says thanks & then they come pick up the crate once you’ve shut the door!

Battenburg1978 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:02:26

Only the first Asda delivery I’ve had since lockdown came in bags, the rest (including this morning) haven’t had bags.

Cheerybigbottom Mon 22-Jun-20 15:03:03

I've had three since lockdown started and each has come in bags.

Jellyhater Mon 22-Jun-20 15:06:11

Bol87

I use Morrison’s & they’ve gone back to bags during lockdown. I assume all deliveries have had too to minimise contact points. Probs best the driver isn’t handling all your boxes, bottles & packages! Morrison’s leave the crate at your door & stand back. You then lift the bags out the crate, says thanks & then they come pick up the crate once you’ve shut the door!

Sainsburys delivery were bagless but click and collect, with bags.

Your thinking makes total sense and I assumed the same before Sainsburys delivered. I was wrong.

Youvegotafriendinme Mon 22-Jun-20 15:07:49

I’ve had deliveries with Asda since last week of March and until 2 weeks ago they came in bags. Now they have gone back to loose in crates

shinynewapple2020 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:09:11

Sounds like inconsistency, possibly different across areas . My Sainsbury's delivery last week was still with bags

Char2015 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:13:09

I had a mixture. Some items were in bags some items were not. I think it all depends on what is being delivered as for my delivery cereal was not bagged, nor was washing powder.

missmouse101 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:19:11

They were in bags until a couple of weeks ago, since when it's been loose in the crates. I have a weekly delivery.

EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall Mon 22-Jun-20 15:19:38

My asda delivery has still arrived in crates

DamitJanet Mon 22-Jun-20 15:37:17

Mine came last night in bags.

ceecee32 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:40:15

Mine comes loose in crates, wish I could have bags as recovering from illness and its bloody hard work unpacking individual items ftom the crate at the door to get into kitchen, and I cant lift the crate

irwellmummy Mon 22-Jun-20 15:42:44

I’ve had Morrisons and Asda deliveries- asda came in crates and I put boxes out on my doorstep for it. Morrisons mostly came in bags but bottles and larger items like washing powder didn’t.
Asda click and collect comes in bags though.

MrsWolf2 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:51:39

Ahhh so I guess it will come in bags if I’m lucky and loose in crates if not!

Thanks again

Foobydoo Mon 22-Jun-20 16:46:46

I have a weekly delivery and it has been loose in crates for the last few weeks. I am switching to Tesco when possible as they use bags.

BeforeIPutOnMyMakeup Mon 22-Jun-20 17:23:25

Whether or not mine comes in bags depends on the driver. The driver is the one who puts them in bags and most don't bother.

MrsWolf2 Mon 22-Jun-20 18:22:44

Well some of it was bagged and some wasn’t. It seemed pretty arbitrary, like maybe someone started bagging it up then got bored. So now I know 😀

sanityisamyth Mon 22-Jun-20 18:24:01

The last couple I have had have been in bags (easier for them to get rid of quickly out of the crates). They've also used their own bags (rather than BYO) for the collection service too.

MintToBee Mon 22-Jun-20 18:25:45

My Asdas delivery has come in bags every two weeks. They are keeping to it until further notice.

Zisforstripyoss Mon 22-Jun-20 19:24:19

Asda started off delivering in bags but now it comes loose in crates.
Tesco & Morrisons use bags round here. Not sure about the others as not had a delivery from them.

CottonSock Mon 22-Jun-20 19:25:41

Mostly in bags, but sometimes they say run out.

Better news, tesco delivered to my kitchen today. Nice driver said it's up to the individual

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »