Talk

Advanced search

Child mental health crisis

(7 Posts)
Alex50 Sun 21-Jun-20 07:21:24

Children have suffered the most because of lockdown.

www.theguardian.com/education/2020/jun/20/school-closures-will-trigger-uk-child-mental-health-crisis

OP’s posts: |
LockdownLou Sun 21-Jun-20 08:54:29

I’m pretty sure if government cared they would at least open a playground for kids.

SnuggyBuggy Sun 21-Jun-20 08:57:30

They don't care at all

Gillian1980 Sun 21-Jun-20 09:03:16

Yes, it’s so sad.
DD has suffered terribly with her mental health despite lots of support, the changes have overwhelmed her (really unfortunate that it came shortly after gaining a sibling, moving house and starting school).

I made the mistake of reading comments on a Daily Fail article on this topic.... now I know I’m just a shit parent and my dd is just a snowflake and we simply don’t have enough to blitz spirit. (I don’t really think this.... i was hopping mad reading it though).

SnuggyBuggy Sun 21-Jun-20 09:23:00

I don't get the Blitz spirit stuff. This is nothing like living through a war.

Camomila Sun 21-Jun-20 09:24:15

I think a lot of people don't really think kids have 'mental health' tbh, especially primary aged ones and preschoolers sad

I've been lucky that DS1 has been largely fine but other friends have 4 year olds that don't want to leave the house or lie on the sofa staring/crying sad At least they've been able to go back to nursery, but there's loads of age groups that don't even have that.

Alex50 Sun 21-Jun-20 09:49:54

It’s not the parents fault, you didn’t have a choice. Children have been forgotten in all this ☹️

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »