Talk

Advanced search

Daily briefing

(74 Posts)
flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 15:12:38

Possibly a stupid question but is there a way to look up who is hosting the daily briefing? I don't want to miss the Gavin Williamson announcement

OP’s posts: |
Dadnotamum72 Wed 17-Jun-20 15:19:47

I heard a radio presenter say it was embargoed until 4pm every day.

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 15:22:39

Thanks that's very helpful. No wonder I could never find the answer in the past smile

starfish4 Wed 17-Jun-20 15:31:08

Yes, I think there are going to be a fair few interested to hear what they have to say about schools and for those who are shielding, clinically vulnerable. I've never managed to find out whose doing it either.

Cherryghost Wed 17-Jun-20 15:39:37

Is it a important one today then? Are they announcing relaxations?

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 15:52:13

Gavin Williamson (Education Secretary) is going to make an announcement this week about a summer catch up program. While I don't think it's going to be what I hope it is, I'm intrigued.

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 15:54:27

I saw rumours online suggesting that shielding would end on 31st July (which government denied) This could be asked by a journalist but I'm expecting the answer to be "we'll announce it when we're ready"

The next set of relaxations (if they happen) is 4th July. I'm hoping that this will happen so I can get a haircut

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 15:56:23

Boris was on yesterday so I'm assuming he won't be on today. He's the one that usually announces relaxation

I don't think they are ready to make an air bridge announcement yet but that may be in the near future

Dadnotamum72 Wed 17-Jun-20 16:04:44

Oliver dowding is the rumour getting all exited about football starting.

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 16:18:07

Of course it was going to be about the footie restarting today. hmm

Le55Fu55 Wed 17-Jun-20 16:32:39

Of course there will be no mention of schools. They couldn’t care less.

Mumratheevergiving Wed 17-Jun-20 16:40:43

Where is the school announcement!? Last week they just said soz you’ll have to continue to suck up homeschooling while wfh. This week Boris keeps urging people to send their children in - I would if I flipping well could! I keep scanning the paper to see what Gavlar is rustling up!

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 16:42:41

There's not been a school announcement since Boris said there would be one this week.

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 16:44:30

Whatever it is it's a summer holiday thing- perhaps an alternative for key workers provision since third party childcare/summer camps haven't reopened yet?!

HeIenaDove Wed 17-Jun-20 16:59:06

Very noisy construction going on on our estate . Ear splitting drilling of scaffolding being erected on our flats since 8th June.....................while its still illegal for us to go visit/stay over at a relatives to get away from this absolute hell. They are here at 8am and knock off at 2pm And back again at 8am Noise is excrutiating. Opposite neighbours son is a PO who works shifts, Hes going out of his mind I guess now the clapping for key workers has ended we have gone back to the default setting of taking them for granted.

Sick of being taken for a mug over lockdown.

Chaotic45 Wed 17-Jun-20 17:02:20

Hmm culture secretary? Cinemas Etc maybe?

Chaotic45 Wed 17-Jun-20 17:03:27

Although I hope not- cinemas, theme parks, swimming pools open but schools closed feels wrong.

Chaotic45 Wed 17-Jun-20 17:07:08

Ah of course it's football. Silly me thinking it would be education. What was I thinking assuming that would be a priority!

Dadnotamum72 Wed 17-Jun-20 17:28:28

All sounds a big grim for theartres - but a little hope for cinemas.

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 17:35:01

I saw on SM that Cineworld we're planning to open on 10th July. I wonder what measures they'll have in place? I'm assuming seats removed ?

flamingochill Wed 17-Jun-20 17:36:15

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/static/en/uk/blog/cineworld-cinemas-reopening-safety-measures-coronavirus-covid-19

MNnicknameforCVthreads Wed 17-Jun-20 17:39:48

Following. As I am eagerly awaiting GW announcement.

I feel tensions are building rapidly among parents, teachers, governors and the whole school community.

Looks like only 48 hours max to wait for at least some news. Betting it won’t be much cop though hmm

Mumratheevergiving Wed 17-Jun-20 17:53:44

No we've had all the main priorities covered now - golf, horse racing and football. Who cares about education of the masses (apparently from PMQs today it's actually the opposition's fault schools aren't open and children aren't back at school anyway confused nowt to do with the Government's handling?)

Appuskidu Wed 17-Jun-20 17:56:37

Boris promised an announcement on the big ‘catch up’ this week.

I suspect they haven’t actually written it yet!

Chaotic45 Wed 17-Jun-20 18:12:41

Maybe so many of the key player's children are at private school or lucky enough to have tutors that they don't care about the rest of us?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »