Talk

Advanced search

Holiday is booked, when will we know if we can go or not?

(5 Posts)
taptonaria27 Wed 17-Jun-20 14:18:39

We have a trip to Vietnam booked (& mostly paid for) for the middle of August.
Currently we would not be able to go which is fine but what I can't get my head around is when we will know whether or not it is going ahead.
I'd be perfectly happy not to go (would actually prefer this) but we are not happy to lose the money by not going if we are allowed.
The main 3 things stopping us currently are:
1) fco advice not to travel unless essential
2) Vietnam not allowing tourists in
3) 2 weeks quarantine on return

But if for example 2&3 were lifted and the the fco then changed their advice, how much notice would they give?
Could they announce on Friday that you can travel from Monday?
Happy not to go, prepared to go but really confused at the prospect of not knowing when we'll know. The hotel for example is cancellable with 2 weeks notice

OP’s posts: |
Hannah2199 Wed 17-Jun-20 14:21:09

We are in the same position. Really concerned.

hairychinsrus Wed 17-Jun-20 14:28:37

Same position booked to go end of July and don't actually want to so I really hope it will be cancelled. Can't get though to travel agent they just have a recording saying that they will be processing holidays in a timely manner

Aswellaslocal Wed 17-Jun-20 14:29:42

I read somewhere that even if the FCO advice changes, it is still valid for 4 weeks. I don’t know where I read it though! If it’s correct at least you would get 4 weeks notice of the FCO Advice lifting

taptonaria27 Wed 17-Jun-20 15:09:39

@Aswellaslocal that would be great, I suspect the quarantine rule will not last long and Vietnam has had very few cases but the whole refund hinges on us not being able to go rather than choosing not to.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »