Talk

Advanced search

High temp I'm scared

(7 Posts)
Hotandscared Wed 17-Jun-20 02:18:12

I know posting won't make any difference but my temp is 40.2 although it's dropping to 38.5 with paracetamol. It started yesterday but I'm shielding so haven't seen anyone so hopefully it's just a regular bug but I'm scared. I guess I will have to head out tomorrow to get a test

OP’s posts: |
KEG05 Wed 17-Jun-20 02:21:51

I hope your ok ❤️ Try not to worry the media has it that coronavirus is the only illness that exists atm but there’s all the usual ones floating about too. And even if you do have coronavirus just because you have underlying health conditions (assumptions as your shielding) doesn’t mean you will be very poorly. X

BrieAndChilli Wed 17-Jun-20 02:22:13

Hopefully it’s just a bug. DS2 age 9 had a high temp last week and was aching all over. When I checked on him in the night he was freezing cold and clammy and then temp went back up the next day. DH took him to a drive through test and it came back negative.
God know where he got the bug from though as he hasn’t been out the house apart from walks

Aliceinwanderland Wed 17-Jun-20 02:22:50

Just giving you a hand hold. Phone NHS if you are not well and shielding.

Hotandscared Wed 17-Jun-20 02:27:39

Thanks for replying, it feels less lonely knowing there is someone in my phone when the world is dark and I feel so rough. Yes I have asthma, colds put me in hospital as well as general attacks was in eight times last year. I've actually been better for shielding and haven't been in hospital since the first week of lockdown although my lungs still aren't working properly as they never do.

OP’s posts: |
Bluewavescrashing Wed 17-Jun-20 03:00:51

Get well soon flowers hope you manage some sleep. Phone 111 if you are worried.

MrsKypp Wed 17-Jun-20 03:17:22

Hello Hotandscared

(((((hugs)))))

I also have asthma and get lung infections after every cold.

My health has also been better staying home (not officially shielding, but pretty much doing it anyway except for not distancing from immediate family in my home).

I agree with the others advising calling someone, possibly NHS 111 although I didn't find them up to much. Maybe your GP in the morning - can you ask for a phone appointment?

take care x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »