Talk

Advanced search

Holidays.. Camping/ tents when will they open.

(7 Posts)
DidSheReallySayThat20 Tue 16-Jun-20 21:51:34

I've looked and can't see anywhere maybe I'm not looking I right places.
A friend wants to buy a tent to go camping but assumed it would be 4th July too. But I said I wasn't sure as hadn't seen anything.
Does anyone know.?
I'm no camper so wouldn't have clue

If not what about static caravan type breaks?

OP’s posts: |
JimMaxwellantheshippingforcast Tue 16-Jun-20 22:52:41

A lot of camp sites are assuming 4th July but it wouldn't surprise me if the only hospitality opening then is pubs and restaurants and holidays would have to wait until the end of July

Bowerbird5 Tue 16-Jun-20 23:00:09

Camping and caravan club sites are opening in July. Pubs are opening sooner🤫

Sorryusernamealreadyexists Tue 16-Jun-20 23:41:01

We’ve booked for the 11th for an overnighter at a very local campsite. They’ve said we can rebook for another date if there are still restrictions

JacobReesMogadishu Tue 16-Jun-20 23:42:41

Some are hoping to open 4th of July but I think a lot are saying you need your own toilet/shower. So mainly for caravans, or tents if you take a toilet tent.

gigglingHyena Wed 17-Jun-20 09:36:08

Looking around and it does look like a lot of sites will be aiming for caravans and motor homes, with all your own facilities on board from 4th July.

Camping and caraving club look to be hoping to open some sites with increased cleaning of the toilet and shower blocks.

I'm trying not to take it personally that evy single site I have stayed at in the last 2 years is staying closed for the 2020 season.

PlugUgly1980 Wed 17-Jun-20 10:01:06

In England is may be the 4th July, but with restrictions. Some sites we already had bookings for will only take self-contained units eg caravans, motorhomes, campervans, etc which don't need the toilet/shower facilities as they have their own, so might not work for those in tents if you don't have your own toilet. Other sites are planning on opening but with reduced open of washing facilities to allow deeper cleaning throughout the day. So it's going to be a mixed bag. You've also got to remember that many sites will be reducing capacity to help with social distancing and reduced facilities as well as giving priority to customers who have already had to rearrange dates from earlier in the year, so availability could be an issue too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »