Talk

Advanced search

Living Coasts going to the wall in Torquay

(7 Posts)
Jux Mon 15-Jun-20 13:25:43

www.livingcoasts.org.uk/

All the animals to be rehoused, and site closed. It's really sad and I expect it will be happening all over the world soon. We are losing a lot due to bloody COVID.

OP’s posts: |
Gillian1980 Mon 15-Jun-20 13:44:15

I saw that earlier and was disappointed.... dd has just reached the age to enjoy it.

Unfortunately I can see this happening in many places. I think they’ve been struggling for a long time and this tipped the balance.

Jux Mon 15-Jun-20 13:50:32

Yes. We are losing so much that enriches society; leisure activities are last in the queue. I suppose that's inevitable, and perhaps logical, but I had hoped that COVID had given us the opportunity to rethink it all.

OP’s posts: |
EvilEdna1 Mon 15-Jun-20 13:52:25

Oh no. We only visited there in December and thought it was really good. Such a shame...

ReySky Mon 15-Jun-20 13:55:32

Just saw this in the Faqs. I really hope it doesn't come to this. sad

"What will happen if you can’t find homes for all of the animals?

Our priority is the welfare of our animals. In the unlikely event that we cannot find housing that suits their needs, we may need to the make the difficult decision to euthanise. As things stand, we do not anticipate that this is a likely scenario."

Veronicat Mon 15-Jun-20 14:15:14

Oh how sad. I love Living Coasts. Great ice cream too.
I used to go there when it was Coral Island. Happy days!

cologne4711 Mon 15-Jun-20 16:17:21

I remember when it was Coral Island. Hopefully they'll be able to rehome the animals and something useful will take over the site. Torquay isn't a well heeled town despite the posh bits like Wellswood and needs all the tourist income it can get.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »