Talk

Advanced search

Challenges for grieving friend

(6 Posts)
Alakazam8 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:38:00

I’m posting this here to hide it a little bit. My friend has recently lost someone close to her and I’m messaging her everyday with little challenges to do, if she wants.The aim being a distraction and something pleasant to do at a really difficult time.
Have done play a family game, cook something you’ve never tried before, watch an episode of a comedy programme etc. Would appreciate some more ideas to keep it going a while longer if anyone can come up with anything.

OP’s posts: |
FFSFFSFFS Sun 14-Jun-20 20:39:36

Are you sure that she wants you to do this???

If so -- something gardening? Paint nails?

user1972548274 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:40:54

Did she ask you to do this?

Lynda07 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:42:33

Does she appreciate your input and do the things you suggest? Grief is a very individual thing.

Alakazam8 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:44:38

No but she knows they are optional and I’m she and her family are reporting back that she is loving doing them. Otherwise I’d stop. Should have said that- sorry

Alakazam8 Sun 14-Jun-20 23:12:25

She does appreciate my input- the no was in response to an earlier question.
Will be stopping in a few days just after the funeral. Just want enough ideas to keep me going until then. Realise everyone is different but this is working for her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »