Talk

Advanced search

So who's going shopping tomorrow ?!

(36 Posts)
HTT10 Sun 14-Jun-20 19:47:42

All of the 'influencers' I see on SM are all SO excited to go shopping tomorrow/this week....

So who on MN will be going to all of the none essential shops!?

OP’s posts: |
GalesThisMorning Sun 14-Jun-20 19:51:56

Urgh no. Well I live in Wales so can't anyway but I cannot see the appeal in queueing up, social distancing, unable to try things on, masks and shields everywhere... why would you?

Lucywilde Sun 14-Jun-20 19:52:13

Nope. I’m working from work still, only one of my three children are back at school and I’m not a huge shopper anyway.

PuzzledObserver Sun 14-Jun-20 19:54:19

Don’t need anything, wont be going.

Lilybet1980 Sun 14-Jun-20 19:56:17

I will be popping into a shop to return something. I can’t imagine the local high street will be busy first thing.

YewandOak Sun 14-Jun-20 19:56:33

Can't think of anything I'd rather do less!
I'll go food shopping at some point but that's it.

stoptherideiwanttogetoff Sun 14-Jun-20 20:01:42

Just imagine the social distancing queuing ..! Not a chance. I need nothing and refuse to buy a size up anyway 🤣

Mnthrowaway20202 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:04:28

I don’t need anything so will hold off. In fact I might use tomorrow as an opportunity to finally visit ikea, assuming it may be quiet as other customers will visit the shiny new shops instead

I REALLY miss Zara but they just launched their seasonal sale, so their stores will have extra long queues/demand. I’ll just wait it out

Bol87 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:04:55

I’m not going shopping but I am going for a long awaited eye test 🥳 My long distance vision needed more correcting before lockdown to be honest & it’s just got worse & worse. I’m overjoyed I can go to Specsavers ha!

Might pop to Primark if there is no queue as it’s next door. Stock up on a few packs of new pants & couple pairs of leggings! I won’t be rushing back as the queuing thing is not for me!

ChristopherTracy Sun 14-Jun-20 20:07:27

I am taking dd to a bookshop to spend her month old birthday book tokens.She is so excited.

weegiemum Sun 14-Jun-20 20:31:21

Can't here anyway (Glasgow) but I hate shopping and will be avoiding it when things open. My dds (16 and 20 ) can't wait. Ds (18) says if he can help it he's never going shopping again.

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Jun-20 20:35:07

No. But I will be checking out the John Lewis clearance sale as my way of supporting the economy. grin

It's too soon for me to go out out when I don't need anything immediately..

Musicforsmorks Sun 14-Jun-20 20:41:23

I’ve got a really uncomfortable feeling that social distancing with, long term, do more harm to the economy than the actual lockdown.

I won’t be shopping either, mostly,as there’s nothing I need and I don’t fancy queuing.

I’m in Ambleside in the lakes and have only been to a garden center so far. It was pleasant and spacious but very regimental (arrows, not being able to go back to a section you’d already walked through, etc).

And in this neck of the woods I’ve no idea how people will be able to queue at local shops because the pavements are Lilliputian and it could cause people to spill into busy road.

I feel sorry for The shops, I really do. It’s a dreadful mess.

wailedAndNearlyLevitated Sun 14-Jun-20 20:43:12

Erm nope. No Thankyou.

thatgingergirl Sun 14-Jun-20 21:24:55

I'll be going to my high street tomorrow. Small town, quite a few independent shops. I want to get some trimming from a small haberdashery, and a birthday gift for my niece. The gift shop has notices to say they've removed some of their usual display units to make more space.

I'm not expecting any queues, but am happy to wait if there are.

Needaripeavocado Sun 14-Jun-20 21:26:38

i imagine it will be abit mad the first day, queues everywhere and dont need anything desperately

Travelban Sun 14-Jun-20 21:37:16

I am working all week as usual and have four kids to supervise so no.. Can't see me going anywhere near a shop anytime soon....

LovingLen Sun 14-Jun-20 21:38:52

No, I spent a small fortune on the John Lewis online sale this morning so no need to go to actual shops

mondaynoon Sun 14-Jun-20 21:39:52

I'm working and supervising home education. I'm also short of money so I'm having to be careful not to spend too much.

SpeedofaSloth Sun 14-Jun-20 21:41:02

I'll have to go soon, DD needs new shoes and I can't buy a Clarks size gauge for love nor money.

Mnthrowaway20202 Sun 14-Jun-20 21:43:58

Honestly think there will be queues everywhere tomorrow, as stores will limit the amount of people inside at once

ThunderCrack Sun 14-Jun-20 21:44:46

No.

Still shielding here....

95th day.

Even if i wasnt shielding, i wouldnt be risking non essential shops right now.

Bloody crazy!

Pipandmum Sun 14-Jun-20 21:45:28

I wasn't going to but today noticed a local shop I like has geared up for a sale. Do not think I'll rush in tomorrow though (too busy). Maybe Tuesday.

letsdolunch321 Sun 14-Jun-20 21:48:58

No, I am facing redundancy .... will be saving as much as possible

hopeishere Sun 14-Jun-20 21:49:09

Shops already open here (NI). I'll go later in the week for Father's Day presents for DH. I've been able to get what I needed / wanted online so no need to shop. Also trying to have a no spend month!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »