Talk

Advanced search

Could anyone beokind and give a quick tutorial on t-cell immunity?

(3 Posts)
meditrina Sun 14-Jun-20 08:24:03

Or if that's a bit much to ask on a fine Sunday morning, is there a good Intro to the subject I couid read?

I've just seen on another thread some discussion of how many people have had absolutely classic symptoms (and in one case a positive swab) but are testing negative for antibodies.

This could mean that any immune response they have formed was fleeting/poor. Or, as one post mentioned, involves T cells . What does that mean? Can it be tested for? And is that why one treatment they are evaluating involves blood cancer drugs which act on T cells (as well as other things) ?

(And is it likely to be connected to something I read years ago but don't properly remember about 'hidden' immunity?)

OP’s posts: |
BahHumbygge Sun 14-Jun-20 09:24:42

Medcram, John Campbell and Mike Hanson are good on medical/covid topics on youtube. Have a search through their past videos. JC is most accessible for a mass audience as he does nurse teaching, Medcram is much more technical, it’s still engaging to watch even though some of it goes over my head. I found this good immunity video in my watch history:

youtu.be/LN3h4nrjnHc

meditrina Sun 14-Jun-20 12:07:58

Thank you, I'll have a watch this afternoon

Is there a particular bit in those for how T-cell immunity works?

Is it known in other diseases - I could search for them too

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »