Talk

Advanced search

Any boarding school parents? When do you think they will go back?

(8 Posts)
ITonyah Thu 11-Jun-20 21:02:50

My dds are day girls at a predominantly boarding school. The plan is full return in September, but I'm not sure how it will work. Two weeks quarantine?

OP’s posts: |
BunsyGirl Thu 11-Jun-20 21:10:52

My DC’s school are planning for a two week quarantine in August but I don’t know whether that’s just for overseas students or for all borders. My DC’s are day students so we don’t receive all the communications about boarding.

Travelban Thu 11-Jun-20 21:29:24

We haven't heard officially yet. Things mentioned have been.. All pupils to return but potentially blended learning, using large halls, bubbles, potentially cancelling exeats.. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun so far...

Parsley1234 Thu 11-Jun-20 21:37:02

All the internationals back for two weeks prior term starting and not going home for the year. Any corona in any boarding house that house is in lockdown and isolation I can’t see how it will work with the Matrons domestics and day staff. It’s all very ambiguous I’m hoping they don’t expect the boarders who can be day to do that 3.5 months here single parent I am done

Nets888 Sat 04-Jul-20 17:45:09

@Parsley1234, what did you mean by "not going home for the year"? Do you mean boarders are not allowed to go to their UK guardians during the holidays or home actually means their home countries?

Toomboom Sat 04-Jul-20 17:49:45

I work in a boarding school and at the moment we are being told September to go back.

Overseas boarders for the past couple of years have only gone home for the "big " holidays, not half term. At the moment I haven't heard that they will be staying for a full year before going home, but I wouldn't be surprised if that does happen.
At our school, the school is the guardian, so they stay on site.

Parsley1234 Sat 04-Jul-20 17:55:30

@Nets888 for the year to their home country but that might not be true

abitoflight Sat 04-Jul-20 18:09:37

Going back in September. Full boarding
School/uk quarantine for international students - I didn't read that bit and dk if some or all
Changing lesson times so less mixing around sch for year groups
House is a bubble
Need to take washable masks
No chapel
New arrangements for meals in school so that fewer in dining hall. In house dining will be more normal as in bubble
Only skimmed as not for another 3 months yet
They have different scenarios depending on local/national risk level

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »