Advanced search

Single parents and support bubbles

(4 Posts)
Bluewater1 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:25:44

I'm a single parent with young children. My children move between my house and my ex's house. We are both the only adult in our homes. Can I form a bubble with another household AND can my ex also form a bubble with another household? Or can only one of us do this? My ex thinks only one of us can because by having shared children we are already in a bubble. It's probably obvious and I'm just too exhausted to work it out but I'd be very grateful for your opinions

OP’s posts: |
HarrietOh Thu 11-Jun-20 13:34:00

Yes you can both form a bubble with a different household. It's about ensuring you're not both suffering with loneliness after spending 12 weeks without other adult company.

Yorkshirehillbilly Thu 11-Jun-20 13:45:45

Yes you can but for me it depends individual risk. I would see parents and they and I are low risk as not going out to work and no kids in school. Ex would probably want see his gf who has high risk occupation. If he does that I won’t see my parents because that would feel risky. Or we may have to agree he isolates from children after seeing her. So he could only see her every 2-3 weeks then isolate then see kids and repeat. It would have made more sense in my view for all low risk households to be able mix with one other low risk household but not with a high risk household. Some high risk workers aren’t even seeing their own household!

Bluewater1 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:48:46

Thank you for your responses. We are both suffering from loneliness. It's hard when the only adult you see is your ex. Especially when we're both grieving the loss of our relationship

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »