Talk

Advanced search

Bubbles?

(7 Posts)
yearinyearout Wed 10-Jun-20 18:20:59

So my young DS lives away from home to work. He lives in a shared house but has no social contact with the other housemate, they live in their rooms apart from going into the kitchen at different times to cook (they work different hours). I'm assuming he can't come back here according to the new rules? He could do with it as he's very lonely (he works on his own too and hardly sees anyone at work)

OP’s posts: |
frozendaisy Wed 10-Jun-20 18:30:39

Are you a sole adult in your household?

frozendaisy Wed 10-Jun-20 18:31:41

If you are then yes but if his mental health is struggling then I would just say yes anyway. As long as if any of you have to isolate he accepts he has to as well.

yearinyearout Wed 10-Jun-20 19:31:55

No we aren't a solo household but I'd say we are all low risk, as we all WFH, and he works alone, and has no social contact with anyone (hence why he'd like to come back for a weekend)

OP’s posts: |
SpillTheTeaa Wed 10-Jun-20 19:40:44

I think for his mental health he should. Not like he's going to friends. He's going home where family members have had minimal contact and I assume have been following lockdown rules.
Or you could just invite him to a theme park as they will be open soon. You can sit near a complete stranger but not have your son round. Complete madness. I'd just bring him home.

Enormouscroc Wed 10-Jun-20 19:43:52

I agree with Spill. Think you need to carry out your own risk assessment now. You sound sensible and it seems that your son's mental health is at risk

PeanutButterKid Wed 10-Jun-20 19:51:14

I have a friend in similar situation...

My guess is this bubbles announcement will lead to lots of small indoor permeable bubble groups, people like OP describes, where there are folk in shared households who don't really interact with their housemates, and not sticking to exclusive bubbles either. It will still be a dramatically lower contact rate compared to non-Lockdown life.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »