Talk

Advanced search

Holiday in lockdown

(6 Posts)
Marsalimay Wed 10-Jun-20 15:23:22

I have a week's annual leave coming up and wondering how to spend it. What have you done with holidays?

(No kids and DP not on leave).

OP’s posts: |
Ylvamoon Wed 10-Jun-20 15:27:53

I'd just get a good book to read and go for long walks ...

countrygirl99 Wed 10-Jun-20 15:49:09

I've got 2 weeks coming up. For the first time in my life I am dreading having time off work. I already go for a 4-5 mile walk before starting work I'm a very active person, I hate lying in, I've already cleared out eeverything that can be and the garden has never been so tidy. I've already postponed my leave and can't again. I hate baking etc, I would rather climb a mountain.

CMOTDibbler Wed 10-Jun-20 15:57:35

I have a compulsory week off next week. I'll be decorating my bedroom, making a dress, and doing some sorting of stuff.
I do have ds to yell at about his school work too, and as the open water swimming venue I go to is open, I've booked sessions in the morning rather than evening as a treat

Missfelipe Wed 10-Jun-20 16:17:39

Same as most, DIY, organising, walks, exercise, yoga...maybe plan a little at home retreat? Some meditation, pampering etc? Or some local volunteering?

Marsalimay Wed 10-Jun-20 16:31:16

Hmm, I have a lot in common with others' experience here. Already doing a lot of walking, gardening, meditating, volunteering and reading. Getting a bit cabin-feverish with reading and dress-making at home.

Don't fancy spending my time de-cluttering without DP, but I think that's something I need to re-think. Need to focus on the outcome. Don't enjoy decorating, although I have two rooms that need doing.

Makes me realise how much I appreciate a change of scenery. I could plan a couple of long, solo walks, but I don't fancy that with all of the toilets closed. Is that ridiculous?

We normally have a week in Portugal or camping in the UK at this time of year, depending upon finances sad

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »