Talk

Advanced search

I wonder when my children can restart their hobbies

(9 Posts)
yourmajestyqueenoftheharpies Wed 10-Jun-20 07:15:02

Football clubs, dance classes etc. They are missing them so much and definitely are not getting as much exercise as they used to!

OP’s posts: |
frozendaisy Wed 10-Jun-20 07:21:56

Football shouldn't be too long, informal training at least not games, dance classes guessing in with "gyms" last things to reopen. Whole family is missing swimming.

hopeishere Wed 10-Jun-20 07:25:22

I was wondering about swimming lessons too!

Cremebrule Wed 10-Jun-20 07:28:11

It seems like swimming lessons could open but looking at the guidance, it looks unworkable for the youngest children. I’m hoping outdoor classes could open in that summer.

Tiktokcringeydance Wed 10-Jun-20 08:01:14

My DD does dance via zoom but she doesnt really enjoy it as much. The only plus is is its half the price which suits while I'm not working!!

Qasd Wed 10-Jun-20 11:17:35

Our tennis lessons are starting next week since outside and socially distanced. Think it depends on what they do! Swimming is interesting as I would guess chlorine kills the virus so social distancing needed in the changing room but not necessarily in the pool?

BunsyGirl Wed 10-Jun-20 13:19:10

My DCs are going back to cricket training, albeit in smaller groups of six.

Aroundtheworldin80moves Wed 10-Jun-20 13:23:03

Had a survey from our swimming lesson provider earlier this week seeking opinions on various measures. I'm hopeful it will be soon. The main issues were around the spectator gallery and changing rather than the children actually in the pool. I think 'fun' swimming will be a lot later.

SidSparrow Wed 10-Jun-20 13:26:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »