Talk

Advanced search

How to keep busy for the next two weeks - when we should be in Spain!

(4 Posts)
Coffeepot72 Mon 08-Jun-20 13:32:19

A bit of background: I’m 42, no children, currently working from home, DH is working (outside of the house) as his job hasn’t really been affected by lockdown.

We were supposed to be going to Spain on Thursday, for a two week beach holiday. I’m gutted that we can’t go, but we’ll make up for it next year. But even though I’m no longer going on holiday, I still have to take my annual leave – so how on earth am I going to keep busy during the day for the next fortnight? I have a small circle of friends, quite a few of them are also working from home, but a few are furloughed so there’s a chance of social distance outdoor coffees, I can go for walks, I can go shopping (after 15 June) and obviously there’s the usual household stuff like de cluttering.

But I still need some inspiration about how to keep busy and productive for the next fortnight, in these strange times!

OP’s posts: |
ashmts Mon 08-Jun-20 13:57:36

Why do you have to be productive? It's your holiday. Yes you're no longer going abroad but it's still your break from work. Is DH keeping his AL too? We had a two week holiday cancelled in early May when we were still in full lockdown. We read books, watched boxsets, got takeaway, ordered alcohol and made cocktails, sunbathed on the rare days it was hot enough, did Zoom calls with friends. I still enjoyed my time off.

Coffeepot72 Mon 08-Jun-20 14:03:34

I always feel better when I'm productive, I've never been very good at unstructured time and am more positive when I have things to do. I get quite down if I'm bored. I'm hoping for a return of the heatwave (if I can lie on a sunlounger and sunbath with a good book for a fortnight then I'll be fine)!

OP’s posts: |
DownWhichOfLate Mon 08-Jun-20 14:06:25

Take up running. Be super fit by the end of the fortnight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »