Talk

Advanced search

COVID 19 app asking about hayfever, asthma and eczema

(6 Posts)
Littlemissdaredevil Sun 07-Jun-20 22:52:09

I self report every day on the COVID 19 app for the Kings College study. Today it asked if I have hayfever, asthma or eczema. Does anyone know why?

OP’s posts: |
StatisticalSense Sun 07-Jun-20 23:00:20

It appears to be part of their research into whether it will be possible to predict if someone has Covid-19 based on their symptoms so I imagine it is to do with them suspecting that Covid may present differently in those with these conditions.

OhYeahLucky Sun 07-Jun-20 23:08:32

You can loose your sense of smell with hayfever so CV symptoms could be confused with hayfever?

AudacityOfHope Sun 07-Jun-20 23:11:10

If you answer the questions that clicking 'I don't feel quite right' (or whatever it is!) one of them is - are you symptoms different to your usual hay fever or allergy symptoms. I thought they were probably trying to screen out those who have symptoms but are attributable to allergies.

trumpisaflump Sun 07-Jun-20 23:14:06

They ask specific questions from time to time to add research I think. For example a month or so ago they asked about female hormones-they asked if you still had periods, were using the contraceptive pill or were on HRT. I think the protective effects of oestrogen are becoming more apparent.

Littlemissdaredevil Sun 07-Jun-20 23:49:42

Thank for the replies. I was just being nosey. I expect they are getting a lot of people reporting hayfever and possibly want to screen them out?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »