Talk

Advanced search

Daily update

(29 Posts)
CoronaStoner Sat 06-Jun-20 18:49:34

Was there no daily update today?? I've watched it nearly every day but seemed to have missed today's??

OP’s posts: |
Thislittlekitten Sat 06-Jun-20 18:50:45

I think they have stopped weekend ones now due to lack of numbers watching.

Bramblebear92 Sat 06-Jun-20 18:50:51

They're no longer on at the weekend.

twinnywinny14 Sat 06-Jun-20 18:52:12

They’re not doing weekend briefings anymore- apparently not enough viewers! It won’t be long before the weekday ones are gone too, I think that’s why Matt Hancock did it on his own last night in an attempt to make viewing figures drop and then they can pull the plug on them

BooseysMom Sat 06-Jun-20 18:53:16

I missed Friday and am so sad that i had to watch it on YouTube! All the briefings seem to have disappeared from the guide for all of next week..maybe they're not doing any more. I shall miss them! hmm grin My dad calls it the Coronavirus Show. He's 82 bless him!

starrynight19 Sat 06-Jun-20 18:54:37

I think they will try and wind them down now.
Very odd Matt Hancock was on his own yesterday.

Letseatgrandma Sat 06-Jun-20 18:55:13

No more at weekends and I doubt the weekday ones will go on for much longer-it doesn’t seem like they can get any more scientists to do guest spots.

CoronaStoner Sat 06-Jun-20 18:55:22

Oh! Thank you I had no idea. When was that announced??

CoronaStoner Sat 06-Jun-20 18:58:08

Last one I saw with Boris, witty and Valence - witty and valance looked really pissed off. Also van tam threw them under a bus saying about Dominic Cummings as did harries. Maybe they turned a bit nasty!

CoronaStoner Sat 06-Jun-20 18:59:28

* My dad calls it the Coronavirus Show. He's 82 bless him!*

Aw bless him, I quite look forward to them too!!

HatRack Sat 06-Jun-20 19:03:04

Coronavirus Show! The sitcom you watch through your hands.

PoprocksAndCoke Sat 06-Jun-20 19:03:18

Strongly, ever since these updates were done through media link there has always been 3 lecterns,(?) Even when there was only 2 doing the briefing. Last night there was only 1. I did think it was odd, and wonder if it means no more scientists etc.

PoprocksAndCoke Sat 06-Jun-20 19:03:47

That was strangely not strongly

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 06-Jun-20 19:06:53

The coronavirus show grin

I have a feeling the weekday briefings will disappear fairly soon as well. It seemed odd that Matt Hancock was on his own yesterday.

Jonathan Van Tam and Jennie Harries threw them under the bus regarding Dominic Cummings so I wonder if that explains the mysterious disappearance of the scientists?

drinkingwineoutofamug Sat 06-Jun-20 19:10:09

Where can I watch that ? You tube? Gutted that I missed one of the most talked about daily updates

BooseysMom Sat 06-Jun-20 19:15:28

Coronavirus Show! The sitcom you watch through your hands.

Lol grin

Bol87 Sat 06-Jun-20 19:24:10

They need to go. One a week will suffice at this point. They just say the same thing. Once a week would give a more realistic & useful death figure based on the rolling average, rather than scaring everyone daily. It would allow us to see genuine trends & to discuss critical issues raised in the week. They’d be a way better & more informative watch.

madasamarchhare Sat 06-Jun-20 19:30:59

The coronavirus show 🤣🤣🤣

I love that and I’m stealing that I’m afraid.

WhiteChocTwix Sat 06-Jun-20 19:41:22

I'll miss my weekly Chris Whitty fix when the briefings stop (he's still my weird lockdown crush!) 😂

SecretSpAD Sat 06-Jun-20 20:23:39

I'll miss my weekly Chris Whitty fix when the briefings stop (he's still my weird lockdown crush

Im even more embarrassed to admit that I had a crush on him before lockdown, in fact before coronavirus was even a problem, when he was giving his Gresham College lecture last October about pandemics.

In my defence it is because he is a slightly older, nerdier version of my husband so obviously I have a type.

BooseysMom Sat 06-Jun-20 20:45:29

This is bizarre as i thought surely i must be the only one with a Chris Whitty crush!! blush

BathTangle Sat 06-Jun-20 20:52:17

If you want to see the numbers (no graphs though) you can do so on the .gov.uk website: coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

SecretSpAD Sat 06-Jun-20 21:03:19

@BooseysMom it would appear that there are at least three of us.

Five if you count two of my friends still working in Whitehall and - gasp - have met him.

they seem rather reluctant to introduce me.....can't think why

WhiteChocTwix Sat 06-Jun-20 22:14:11

@SecretSpAD @booseysmom there are a few of us on this forum! He's a taller greyer version of my DH. High up on my decent bloke radar might be a bit of a fan girl if I were ever introduced 😳

SecretSpAD Sat 06-Jun-20 23:04:10

@WhiteChocTwix mine is a slightly shorter version but could be his younger brother. They even talk the same. It's uncanny. My husband is slightly on the spectrum and is pretty hopeless also never realised how many women were in love with him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »