Talk

Advanced search

Hairdressing dilemma

(3 Posts)
HairOrNoHair Sat 06-Jun-20 10:21:00

My hairdresser has announced she is starting back at work next week and can come to my house to do my hair near the end of the month. I happily booked the appointment but then suddenly it dawned on me that it might be too early for her to be back at work. I’m working full time still so really busy and haven’t watched/ read every daily briefing in full, but after googling I’m pretty sure this is not allowed. She is fully booked up for the last 2 weeks of June and into July.

The dilemma is that she’s a good friend and our dc are school friends and I don’t know what to say to her.
Am I right in thinking it’s not ok to do this? What can I say without offending her?

I’d like to think it’s naivety on her part but I also know she said at the beginning that she was unable to work at the moment, so clearly she has been following guidelines throughout so I’d assume she was up to date with them.

OP’s posts: |
rainkeepsfallingdown Sat 06-Jun-20 10:26:12

I've been keeping an eye on Treatwell, as they co-ordinate bookings for lots of different hair and beauty providers, and keep pushing back the date that appointments are valid. Currently they're not accepting bookings earlier than 4th July and will cancel any bookings after 4th July if the advice later becomes that's still too early.

www.treatwell.co.uk/inspiration/coronavirus/

I wouldn't let anyone into my home right now who didn't already live there. I suspect the July date might get pushed back again, but I was emailed the other day by the spa reopening for holidays from August.

I can't think of anything less relaxing than socially distancing in a spa and having a massage done by someone in a face mask...

Thighmageddon Sat 06-Jun-20 10:29:58

Her insurance won't cover her so I'd be saying no.

I read a statement from a hairdressing association saying hairdressers could be heavily fined if they work before the government gives the go-ahead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »